Skip to main content

Change title of a meeting internally, but not on booking page?

• 7 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, sorry to jump onto this thread, but is there a way to change the title of meetings internally, but not on the meeting booking page?

We have 3x events setup, embedded on our site in different places. But we have to title them all the same because the title appears on the event booking page and invites and we use standard copy across each.

How do I set an internal name for the event (Eg. “Calendly - Book-a-Demo UK” to identify which page the booking has come from, that works across the Hubspot integration?

Hey there, @TomM-Inf - just wanted to let you know that I created a new topic from your comment so that it’s not lost in the sauce of the topic you originally commented on! We suggest creating your own topics when your questions aren’t directly lined up with another topic you might comment on. =) 

Also - check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

Unfortunately, at this time, the title that you choose for your event type(s) will apply both internally and externally. However, we do see many users approach this same situation by titling their event types exactly as you described without issue. 
Example: 

• Event Type Name (UK) 
  • Event Type Name (US)
  • Event Type Name (XYZ)

Additionally - you might be interested in our routing forms as it pertains to identifying what event bookings come from etc.

Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. You can read more about setting up routing forms, here!

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else! =) 

This in no way answered the question. We need to be able to have internal names on certain event types to help with tracking and other things. The question was can create an internal that does not show to the end user. You in no way answered this and instead suggested a solution that had nothing to do with the problem. My company has this issue as well and its not always as simple as (US) (UK) this is often used for tracking purposes among other things.

This in no way answered the question. We need to be able to have internal names on certain event types to help with tracking and other things. The question was can create an internal that does not show to the end user. You in no way answered this and instead suggested a solution that had nothing to do with the problem. My company has this issue as well and its not always as simple as (US) (UK) this is often used for tracking purposes among other things.

Hello! The response and proposed solution I offered was specifically in regards to the question asked by the OP. This might not be helpful in your use case, which I understand - but is a viable workaround for theirs! Not all answers posted here will be one-size-fits-all, and I’m sorry for any confusion!

To simply answer - no. There is no way, currently, to give a title to an event type internally that will be presented differently externally. I am sorry for that! I will be sure to include the feedback here in our monthly roundup for our product team. I want to make sure your voice is heard!