Skip to main content

Hey y’all.

Just ran a test run of my calendly...

It seems like when a test gmail account receives the calendly event invite after booking, the sender name they get in their inbox with the invite is just my first name in all lower case - aka, ‘andy’

I’m wondering if there’s a way to change this? It only looks like this with the Calendly invites so assume it’s got to do with Calendly settings I haven’t discovered yet. Regular emails and direct event invites from my calendly-linked gmail to this same test email show my full name with casing - e.g. Andy Smith, as it should be.

Thanks!

Hey, Andy! There are a few things you can check out in regards to this.

Firstly, head to “account” > “profile” > “name” and double check that your name is input correctly. Second, head to your “calendar invitations” in each of your event types and make sure that you have set those up correctly by clicking “personalize.” Third, head to your Calendar Connection page and double check your “add to” calendar connection. Are you using the right Google account, and if so, in that Google account is your name input correctly? Let us know! If you still can’t figure it out, screenshots of what you are seeing would be helpful! (Make sure they do not include your email address or other PII, like invitee names and so on)! 

If the issue does persist, this is likely an issue on the Google side, rather than the Calendly side.

Other Google users have reported this issue and discussed it in Google forum posts such as this one: https://support.google.com/calendar/thread/790416/calendar-displaying-incorrect-name-as-the-creator?hl=en. (Per our understanding, this does not seem to affect all Google users and does seem specific to Google Workspace accounts, rather than Gmail accounts.)

We have worked with users who were able to resolve the issue by creating a Google Currents (formerly Google+) profile after enabling Currents from their Google Workspace account. You can learn how to do this here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/6020937?hl=en

If you are using Google Workspace, you may need to request an update within currents.google.com in order for the email account name to be displayed when sending invites through Google Calendar using calendar invitations.

Beyond this, I would suggest contacting Google Workspace Support in hopes that they have some additional suggestions!

I hope this helps! We’ll be here if it does not! =)