Skip to main content
Solved

Changing an event location

• 5 June 2024
  • 1 reply

So, I’ve created several events using ZOOM but want to switch and standardize on TEAMs.  How do I remove ZOOM as a location?  Can I change an existing event from ZOOM to TEAMs?

Hi @Clayton68458!

First up, sorry about the rather AI generated looking reply you probably got a notification about. Unfortunately communities of all types are getting hit by some creative spammers these days and the answer initially look helpful, they’re junk and we’re trying to kick them out as fast as they come in. Kind of makes me miss classic easy to detect spam!

As for a real answer…

For new events, you can make the change from Zoom to Teams by heading over to the event type editor and then going into Event details. From there, change up the location and all new events will respect the new settings.

For existing events, the AI spam bot above was sort of right in saying that you could change the location manually in your native calendar but I’m never a huge fan of that since it can generate confusion for both you and the invitee. Instead, I’d consider manually rebooking the events as the newly booked events will respect your new settings. The only thing to keep in mind here is that in order to do that, you’ll need to cancel the meeting (which fires off the cancellation emails) and then rebook manually (with the information that was previously in the event). Whenever I need to do this, I usually like to let impacted invitees know ahead of time so they aren’t alarmed.

Let us know if you need anymore help on this. We’re here for it!