Skip to main content
Solved

Changing event type from Group to One-on-One

• 5 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Is there any way to change an event type from a Group event to a One-on-One event once the event page has already been created and people have already started scheduling meeting times for it?

This is my first time using Calendly, and I mistakenly set my event type as a group event when it should have been a one-on-one event type.  I tried to reduce the maximum number or participants for the current Group event type down to 1, but it tells me that you can’t set the maximum # of participants below 2.

Hi Michael! Welcome to Calendly, we’re happy to have ya! 🌟

When you create your event type, and choose what type of event it’ll be, that event type is then locked. I’ve done this before myself and I’ll just open up my event in another tab, then copy and paste my event details into my new event as I set it up. Hopefully this helps point you in the right direction! 

Hi @Michael70028!

There isn’t currently a way to change one event type to another, but not to worry! There’s a workaround.

1. Delete the group event. This will not impact already scheduled events.
  2. Create a new one-on-one event.
  3. Change the URL of the new event to match the URL you have been using. More on that here.

If the already scheduled events aren’t going to work either due to the group event nature, you can cancel them from your dashboard and use your invitee’s details to rebook them on their behalf from you scheduling page using the new event type.

Hope this helps!

Thank you Jillian!  This was a huge help!  Solved my problem!