Connecting different event types to different "check for conflicts" calendars?

• 25 April 2024
  • 1 reply

How do I connect different events to different calendars to check for conflict? 

I want one event to check one calendar and another event to check another calendar. I also want the events to appear on said calendars.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey @Lush58476 - great question!

This is not possible (yet - it might be sometime soon!) with Calendly right now. Any calendar connection that you set to be “check for conflicts” on your Calendar Sync page will apply to all of your event types by default. You can also only set one “add to” calendar in your account, so all of your bookings will appear on whichever single “add to” calendar you select. 

There is a workaround for this, though! 🤗 Yay!

1. You can set up a team page that includes multiple users (each user is one of your email addresses - with your described use case, you’d just need one additional user + your current account). You can then create different team event types and associate each of them with your different accounts (each of which are connected to one of your different calendars). Keep in mind, you will need to pay for each account in order to use Calendly's team features
  2. You can add an additional user (same as above), and then simply set up one event type under that user account and one event type under your current user account. For each account, set up the calendar on the Calendar Connection page that you’d like to be associated with that user’s event type for both the “check for conflicts” and “add to” settings.

I know this isn’t perfect - but it works for many other users with similar needs to your own, for now. I hope this helps!

Have a great day!

p.s. check out our New User Guide - it’s full of tips + tricks that’ll help you get started in Calendly.