Skip to main content

Is it possible to assign a consistent Zoom Meeting ID and Password to a recurring Managed (Team) Event?  

Hi @jlathrop!

There sure is. You can utilize the custom location feature under the Event Type Summary to share a link to a persistent Zoom room - like I’ve shown below using my personal Zoom room. If there are additional details such as a password or the full Zoom invite, you can share those in the description.

Hope this helps!

Hi @jlathrop,

That's a great question! Typically, when you schedule a Calendly meeting with Zoom, Zoom will generate a unique meeting link for each Calendly meeting. If you'd prefer to use the same Personal Meeting ID (PMI) for your meetings, you'll want to follow the steps I’ve provided below to enable PMI in your Zoom settings. 

I also see you mentioned a “recurring Managed (Team) Event”. Generally speaking, Calendly does not support the creation of recurring meetings at this time. This said, if the meeting host of the event type in question has their Zoom account set to use their PMI, then all meetings booked with them will use the same Zoom link. 

How to use your Zoom Personal Meeting ID for meetings

1. In Zoom, log in and go to your Zoom account settings
  2. Under Schedule Meeting, locate Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when scheduling a meeting, and turn on the setting.
    Screen_Shot_2021-01-15_at_10.09.57_AM.png

For more details on enabling this, consult Zoom's Using Personal Meeting ID (PMI).

After you enable PMI in Zoom

Once you enable PMI in your Zoom account, your Calendly meetings will use the same Zoom link.

NOTE: if you tend to host back-to-back Calendly meetings, there's a chance that participants from two separate calls may pop in to the same Zoom call. To prevent this, consider setting up a waiting room in Zoom.  

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to let us know!

Very helpful!  Thank you!