Skip to main content
Solved

Copying Event Types to Team-mates

• 7 March 2024
  • 3 replies

I’d like to be able to copy Event Types from my calendly account to members of my team.

I want to save myself a lot of time by using what I have - as a starting point. 

Hey there @Tech Medic - great topic! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform! Check out our Company Admin Guide as well.

At this time it is not possible to clone your individual event types over to team mates or to a Team Page - I am so sorry to have to say that!

You will need to create event types from scratch for each team/host that you wish to assign them to. 

We have plenty of resources for you to learn about creating a team and setting up team events! The first step is adding your desired team members to your account from your Admin Management page. Then, you can set up a team page. Your team page will have all of your events specific to that team: round robin or collective.

Round Robin events will allow your invitees to book an appointment at any time at least one assigned team member is available. Collective events allow invitees to book an appointment when all assigned team members are available. You can also set up Admin Managed Events

If you'd like a more thorough breakdown of the team features, check out this recording that walks through the basics of using Calendly with your team. 

It looks like Admin Managed Events is the closest thing to what I want.

However, it looks like I’d need to start over and create all of these event types as “Admin Managed Events” & then assign them to the other users. 

That sounds OK, but since I have about 40 event types, the idea of recreating those all from scratch as Admin Managed Events sounds pretty intimidating. Apparently copying existing Event Types to Admin Managed events would be very valuable for me at this moment - but clearly that is not a feature. 

Hey again @Tech Medic - I am so sorry to say that you are right! You cannot copy your own events to make them admin managed events. I wish that were a possibility right now!

I understand recreating all of your events will take time, but once you have those set up you’ll be able to assign them to other users in your organization as needed and all will be much easier. 

I hope this helps!