Skip to main content
Solved

Creating event groups/categories with urls

• 5 April 2024
  • 3 replies

I have multiple types of services and it doesn’t make sense to give all my clients the link for ALL events so instead, I have to give them a list of links for the calls links that pertain to each type of client. Is there any talks of being able to create a Category URL to group certain events under. The color thing is only visually helpful for me internally. I’d rather work with Event Categories that I can assign events to. A cherry on top would be to create category settings so that any new event that gets added to that category could take on those event settings/workflow, etc...

Hey there, @Ali-Pruitt - great question! This would be a super cool 😎 feature to see Calendly roll-out, so I am going to make sure to include your feedback in our monthly report for the product team to look at! That said, it’s not a feature right now - but there is a workaround! Let’s dig in. 

You can add additional users to your account using your own alternative e-mail address/es (however many categories you need = the number of new users you’ll need minus one, keeping in mind the account you already have). To do this, you’ll need to be on our Teams plan. You can read more about our plans, pricing and features on our Pricing Page! Note: an annual subscription will result in a 20% discount for all paid plans! I will include a brief overview of the Teams plan at the end of this reply!

Once you’ve added the users, you would be able create the events for each category under a different user’s profile - then Share the Calendly Link for that user/category when appropriate. Alternatively, you can create a Team Page for each category and create the event types there. If you go the “team page route” you will share the booking link for the specific team page that holds the category of events you’d like to send an invitee. Easy peasy! 

So! Add your desired “new users” (yourself under alt e-mails) to your account from your Admin Management page. Then, you can set up a team page. Your team page will have all of your events specific to that team: round robin or collective.

Round Robin events will allow your invitees to book an appointment at any time at least one assigned team member is available. Collective events allow invitees to book an appointment when all assigned team members are available. You can also take advantage of Admin Managed Events and Shared Event Types! Click all of the hyperlinks to learn ore about each of these features. Keep in mind: you cannot create a true one-on-one ET on a team page, but you can use a Round Robin or Collective event as a one-on-one. Read more here

If you'd like a more thorough breakdown of the team features, check out this recording that walks through the basics of using Calendly with your team. 

If you’d rather not use team pages, then you will have to log out of your owner account and into the account for each user to create the event types for the desired category within their account (once you’ve created the event types, you can manage everything, view all bookings etc. from your owner account), or, use Admin Managed events (linked above with more info). You can created Admin Managed events from within your own owner account and assign them to each user without logging in/out of different accounts, set the availability for each user within the managed event types themselves and so on. 

I hope this helps!

p.s. check out our New User Guide + Company Admin Guide - both full of tips and tricks to help you get started with Calendly. They’re super helpful! 

Learn more about some of what I went over by reading below: 

Happy scheduling!

Yeah, no. Paying more for a workaround like this isn’t ideal. But I look forward to this feature being added. ;) 

Please add this capability soon! This is a great idea, Ali-Pruitt!