Skip to main content
Question

Customer Payment Options

• 27 February 2024
  • 10 replies

It would be more convenient for customers if we offered both Stripe and PayPal payment options in the same event instead of having the host pick one per event? Therefore, we should be able to turn both options on simultaneously.

Just a thought. 

Hey there @DOC70770 - thanks so much for this topic and your feedback! It’s genuinely appreciated. 

Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

Click these links to learn more about our integrations with Stripe and PayPal! You can connect your Stripe and PayPal account to Calendly to collect payments when your invitees schedule with you - but can only connect one to any specific event type, as you’ve noticed. Alternatively (or additionally!), you can add a custom link to your confirmation page that leads to your preferred payment provider. You could also customize your invitee notification emails to include that link!

Otherwise I do apologize that both integrations cannot be utilized simultaneously on an event type, at this time. I will absolutely be sure to include your feedback in our monthly use feedback report to our product team for future consideration! I can’t make promises (super regret that fact!) about if or when this might be implemented, but I can definitely make sure your voice is heard. =) 

I hope you have a great night! 

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I understand what you’re saying and hopefully this can be done in the near future.

I am attaching a screenshot to show you my dilemma. As you can see, I have to create back to back events to offer Stripe (credit card) and PayPal options. :(

@DOC70770 - thanks for that screenshot and the additional insight and context! =) 

This is actually the workaround we currently suggest when users like you have a need for accepting both Stripe and PayPal for a specific event type (creating multiple versions of that ET) - while I can absolutely appreciate that it’s not ideal for your use case. I’m sorry about that!

I might have a workaround that could help, though! 

Routing forms let you request information such as industry, company size, specific interests, etc. from website visitors and automatically direct them to a specific scheduling or web page based on their responses. It's great for screening and qualifying sales leads on a website or matching clients or students to the booking page of the right subject-matter expert based on their interests, program, or other criteria. You can read more about setting up routing forms, here!

You could implement routing forms in order to route invitees to the event type that accepts their preferred payment method. This would take the load off of the invitees, make it so that you do not have to display the booking page with all of the options, and help prevent confusion with invitees as they select the (hopeful) correct event type for booking and payment! You can also then make these events “secret” so that they do not appear on your public booking page (if you want - this isn’t mandatory at all - lol!). You can do this by setting up routing logic along with questions for the invitee that look similar to as follows: 

1. What duration are you hoping to book with me? Please select from the below options (30 minutes, 60 minutes and so on).
  2. What payment method do you plan to use when paying the fee for this booking? Please select from the below options (PayPal, Stripe).

You will then set up the routing logic to send invitees to the correct event type based on those responses. 

This might be exactly the solution for you, for now! Hope this helps! 

This sounds much better. However, seem to be a bit of a learning curve? But the routing forms do sound better and even mysterious, as you mentioned “secret.” 

I have a hard time believing that I was even able to set up the events. Hahaha

Is there a video to show how the routing forms are done? I am visual when it comes to design. If not, how about examples? 

Hey again @DOC70770 - I totally get it! Not everyone is tech savvy and that’s totally valid. Luckily, you asked the right Cal Pal! 🤗 If the resources below don’t get you where you need to be, let me know! Now - get reading (and watching) - it’s a lot of content to take in, but worth it! 

Start here with two Calendly Community articles written by my peer, Sam, and myself: 

Help Center articles: 

Here is a short video tutorial I created to showcase how it all works (this is also in the second article linked above): 

Hahahahaha  Hey Kelsie. This is awesome! I’m all over it! 

I’ll keep ya posted!! 🤜🏻🤛🏻

Thank you for all of your help. Its much appreciated. You just convinced me that Calendly is great! lol

Hahahahaha  Hey Kelsie. This is awesome! I’m all over it! 

I’ll keep ya posted!! 🤜🏻🤛🏻

Thank you for all of your help. Its much appreciated. You just convinced me that Calendly is great! lol

WOOO HOOO! I love to hear it! 

< - consider this me reacting to the good news! Lol

All that said - I do hope you are able to make sense of everything I shared above!

If you run into any issues setting up your routing forms, we’ll be here to help! 

Have a great night - and happy scheduling! 

Hahahaha...I have actually used that meme a few times. Too funny! 🤣

You have a great rest of your evening. Thank you for all of your prompt replies. 💥💥💥

Goodnite

Hahahaha...I have actually used that meme a few times. Too funny! 🤣

You have a great rest of your evening. Thank you for all of your prompt replies. 💥💥💥

Goodnite

One more thing before I shut down for the night! Since we have similar (excellent) taste in memes, I didn’t want to wait for tomorrow. 😎

But the routing forms do sound better and even mysterious, as you mentioned “secret.” 

I just noticed this line in a previous comment you left - I was so focused on showing you the “how” that I someHOW missed it - oops!

Routing Forms are not “secret.” What I was referring to is an event type setting that allows you to make one (any, many!) specific event type “secret” so that it does not appear on your public booking page. Right now, all of the event types in the screenshot you provided me above (thanks again!) appear together on your public booking page for invitees to select from. If you set up routing forms, you can then share the link to the routing form so that invitees are sent to one event for booking - and make chosen event types secret so they do not appear on your booking page. Here’s how!

Click the “gear” icon (top right) of any event type > click “edit” > click the “gear” icon at the top right of the editor > click “make secret” > done! (Make sure to save your changes by scrolling to the bottom of the editor!)

Click to edit your event type settings (do this for each individual event)
Click to make event “secret” so that it does not appear on your public booking page

Hi again Kelsi.

You actually did make that clear, and that's what I thought you meant. My apologies. I may have misquoted you. 😮
I would love to make "secret" most of these booking events because they look too unprofessional and messy. So this all works. I need to execute it according to your instructions, AND I'm all over it! lol

Thanks for clarifying. 👊