Skip to main content
Question

Customers subscribe to their own ongoing appointments calendar

• 18 June 2024
  • 3 replies

As a customer, I want someone to be able to book appointments and subscribe to all of their appointments rather than manually add each one individual by e-mail. I don’t see a way to log in or get a URL to subscribe this way. How can this be done so customers have less hassle?

For example, a school calendar will come with a URL that you can add to Google Calendar, Outlook, or iCloud, and then when the school updates events, users automatically see all current and future events.

On 10 to 8 App, another calendar app, there is a URL-based subscription option for customers.

I don’t see an equivalent feature in Calendly.

Hey there @tuyau -- thanks for your post. This is a great question!

Calendly does not currently have a feature like this. Calendly is not a calendar or a calendar subscription based service, but rather a scheduling platform used to streamline the process of scheduling meetings between you and the people you need to book with. This might mean you notice some “missing features” as compared to calendar services. There are lots of other great tools and features available to help with your scheduling needs in Calendly, though! 

I will definitely note your feedback, however - it’s very valuable to us! I hope that you have a good day! 

OK, thank you for confirming you lack this feature. I have clients who schedule their own repeat visits, and it would be nice to have them be able to login, self-book and prepay for their appointments, but then have a calendar feed of all their prepaid appointments via one calendar feed link. Right now, each appointment has to be manually added by the customer to their calendar, and not all customers are super good at this depending on various health and age factors (whereas, if you could set up one calendar feed, this would no longer require a separate step--they just book and pay, boom all done). It also creates headaches when inevitable rescheduling has to happen.

I do hope you’ll flag this functionality for future development. Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

I will absolutely make sure to loop your feedback around to our product team, @tuyau -- and again, I appreciate it. Thanks for the more thorough explanation here as well. Have a good day!