Question

Date override for multiple schedules

• 7 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I really appreciate the ability to customize schedules for different event types (lunch meetings vs. meeting meetings), and setting days you’re not available is great. It would be great to be able to set a date override for multiple schedules at once. 

IE - when I say I’m gone on Thanksgiving, not having to make that notation twice for my “Working Hours” schedule as well as my “Lunch Meeting” schedule.

Is this possible?

Edit: I know I can dictate availability with my calendar account. Just wondered if overrides were possible on multiple schedules.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7

@Tuebor these are great questions!

Right now, there is no way to automatically set a date override and then apply it to all of your schedules. A good work around I’ve seen used in this scenario is to create a block of time on your connected calendar if it’s something that needs to apply to all event types. For example, if you are going to be OOO from 3pm to 5pm on a specific Friday, go ahead and create a “busy” event on your “check for conflicts” connected calendar so that Calendly knows none of your events are available at that time.

I know this isn’t perfect, as it means you cannot set some (and not all) events as unavailable. The best way to make some (and not all) events unavailable will still be adding date overrides to them in the event type settings using custom hours, or, via the schedule applied to those events. You can read more here: Availability Schedules! I hope this helps!

Userlevel 1

I have been super wishing for this feature as well--it’s SO FRUSTRATING when I’m entering date overrides to have to find and re-enter them separately on every single sub-calendar.  It either becomes unnecessarily time-consuming, taking away from my actual work, or I miss something and end up with events scheduled during time I’m unavailable. It burns time and social capital for no good reason. 

There should be a “Master Unavailability” calendar that automatically covers all my sub-calendars--without me having to invent additional and fake “events” on my personal calendar, which then creates clutters and headaches outside of Calendly.

Or at least, when I’m removing/changing my availability from one calendar, I want an optional checkbox at the bottom that offers “Match additional calendars to this availability?”

Userlevel 7

I have been super wishing for this feature as well--it’s SO FRUSTRATING when I’m entering date overrides to have to find and re-enter them separately on every single sub-calendar.  It either becomes unnecessarily time-consuming, taking away from my actual work, or I miss something and end up with events scheduled during time I’m unavailable. It burns time and social capital for no good reason. 

There should be a “Master Unavailability” calendar that automatically covers all my sub-calendars--without me having to invent additional and fake “events” on my personal calendar, which then creates clutters and headaches outside of Calendly.

Or at least, when I’m removing/changing my availability from one calendar, I want an optional checkbox at the bottom that offers “Match additional calendars to this availability?”

Thanks for this feedback! I understand the ability to mark yourself as unavailable on all of your schedules and event types is a high priority for you and other users and your feedback is being looped around to our product team.