Skip to main content

In Event types, then Edit, then Scheduling settings, then Available hours, then Date-specific hours.

Problem 1: I do not have set 16:30 is open for booking but live page is showing open.

Problem 2: I would like to renew my available time(cancel 16:00) but live page still showing 16:00 is available.

I already try to use Troubleshooting, it can’t solve my problem.

Hey there @GBIUA75614 - great questions! 

You will want to read this Help Center article: Availability Schedules to get a better understanding of how availability works, as well as this one about event type settings. 

Firstly, I noticed that your availability includes 1600-1745. That means a 1630 start time would make sense depending on other settings you have in place. Take a close look at your start time increments in the “additional rules for your availability” section of your event type settings and see what it’s set to. If it’s set to 30 minutes, that would explain the start times you are seeing. 

You also have a Group Event Type set up. Keep in mind that once one invitee books a time slot, any changes you make in your event setting will not apply to that start time retroactively as the former settings will be locked into place. 

Likewise, if someone has already booked a time at 1600 you will have to cancel that in order to remove the time for the remaining slots from your booking page. If that is not the case, in order to remove it you will need to adjust your start time increments and/or other availability settings in the event type.

I hope this helps!

Dear @Kelsi at Calendly , 

Thanks for your reply, it help me a lot to understand more concept in Calendly.
I still have some question.

Q1: Why start time increments can not set to 0 min?
Q2: In below picture, why 28 Feb 2024 only show 16:00 is available, where is 10:00 and 16:00?

Best Regards,

Chak

Dear @Kelsi at Calendly , 

Q2: In below picture, why 28 Feb 2024 only show 16:00 is available, where is 10:00 and 16:00?

Best Regards,

Chak

Hey! Great questions!

So, start time increments refer to the amount of time between each time block - if this were able to be set to “0 minutes” there would be a time block starting every single minute in perpetuity. For example, when start time increments are set to “30 minutes” you see a start time every half an hour. When they are set to “60 minutes” you see a start time every hour. Does that make sense? 

As far as your February 28th availability goes, there is not enough information in this screenshot for me to answer that! You can use our Troubleshooting availability tool on your scheduling page in order to understand what's causing the conflict. I find it to be super helpful and it resolves most availability issues. 🎉  Use this tool to see what it says about the 28th and if you’d like, share screenshots of what it does say here so I can assist further! =)

Dear @Kelsi at Calendly , 

Best Regards,

Chak

Hey! Great questions!

So, start time increments refer to the amount of time between each time block - if this were able to be set to “0 minutes” there would be a time block starting every single minute in perpetuity. For example, when start time increments are set to “30 minutes” you see a start time every half an hour. When they are set to “60 minutes” you see a start time every hour. Does that make sense? 

As far as your February 28th availability goes, there is not enough information in this screenshot for me to answer that! You can use our Troubleshooting availability tool on your scheduling page in order to understand what's causing the conflict. I find it to be super helpful and it resolves most availability issues. 🎉  Use this tool to see what it says about the 28th and if you’d like, share screenshots of what it does say here so I can assist further! =)

Dear @Kelsi at Calendly ,

Thanks for your reply :D

As my situation, there is no regular amount of time for each booking. Can I close the time increments? as I can’t find the button to close.

I try it use tool to find out why 10:00 & 13:30 is unavailable. it show “OVERLAP” but I can’t fix this problem. would you please help me to solve it?

Best Regards,

Chak

Hey @GBIUA75614 - I understand this is confusing and I am sure we can get it worked out!

First of all, there always has to be a start time increment set for your event type because this is what tells the event how much time there should be between bookings. You cannot remove it/turn it off and you must choose the amount of time that you wish to have between bookings. So, if you’d like your event to start on the hour, choose “60 minutes” and so on.

As for the “OVERLAP” message - this means that the start times that are not showing up aren’t available due to another Calendly booking taking place in an overlapping manner. If you head to your “scheduled events” tab in your account you should see whatever bookings under “upcoming” that you have that are blocking off those start times. The only way to then open those start times up is to cancel the bookings already taking place, as Calendly does not allow overlapping events. In other words - everything is working as it should. Those times aren’t available because you are already booked at those times and cannot be booked twice! =) 

Hope this helps! 

Hey @GBIUA75614 - I understand this is confusing and I am sure we can get it worked out!

First of all, there always has to be a start time increment set for your event type because this is what tells the event how much time there should be between bookings. You cannot remove it/turn it off and you must choose the amount of time that you wish to have between bookings. So, if you’d like your event to start on the hour, choose “60 minutes” and so on.

As for the “OVERLAP” message - this means that the start times that are not showing up aren’t available due to another Calendly booking taking place in an overlapping manner. If you head to your “scheduled events” tab in your account you should see whatever bookings under “upcoming” that you have that are blocking off those start times. The only way to then open those start times up is to cancel the bookings already taking place, as Calendly does not allow overlapping events. In other words - everything is working as it should. Those times aren’t available because you are already booked at those times and cannot be booked twice! =) 

Hope this helps! 

Thank you, your reply solve my problem :D