Skip to main content
Solved

Day event in google doesn't sync in calendly

• 16 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi!

If i book an event in google agenda that doesn’t include specific hours (considering it’s an event that occurs all day), i will still be available in calendly. If i give start and end hours to my event, it works well in calendly. 

Is there something i can do to bypass the hours manipulation?

Thx!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Claudia01041 -- great question! 🤗

What is important to note, here, is that “all-dayevents in Google Calendar are automatically set tofree” and “free” events are not blocked off by Calendly. This is usually for good reason -- most people that set up “all-day” events in their external (connected) calendars do not want them blocking off the entirety of that day/those days and still want the ability to book other things as well, but that is obviously not always the case (as you are exemplifying here!). 

There is no way to “bypass” this -- but you do not need to bypass it! 😎 You just need to set it up differently. An event needs to be set to “busy” in order to be read as a conflict by Calendly. So, you’d need to ensure that your events (including all-day events) in Google Cal are “busy” and then you should be all set! 

🗓 Below: an example of an all-day event (in Google Calendar) that I’ve set to “busy” instead of the default status of “free”:

When you click to create an all-day event in Google Cal, the default status will be “free.” Make sure to click the drop-down (outlined in red, above) to change this status to “busy” before saving the event. This way, Calendly reads it as a conflict and you cannot be booked! 💃🏼 Yay, you’re back to easy scheduling -- with “busy” conflicts when you want them! 

💡 Keep in mind: you can also mark yourself as unavailable for specific time blocks and entire dates in Calendly using date specific hours! You can read more here: Availability Schedules (in the “Date Specific Hours” section). You can also read more about the ins-and-outs of setting up availability here: Getting Started with Availability! 

I hope this helps! ⚡ Good luck with everything. 🍀 Do not hesitate to reach back out if you run into further issues or need help with other things Calendly-functionality-related -- we’ll be here for you!

p.s. check out our New User Guide; it’s full of helpful tips + tricks to get you started while you learn the ropes, here!