Skip to main content
Question

Desktop Outlook Plug-in download

• 13 November 2023
  • 13 replies

I need to download the Outlook Desktop Plug-in.  I go through the process of clicking help on the Calendly Website.  It sends me to an AI.  I work through the process and the AI tells me I need to contact the support team.  I click the link it sends me to the stupid AI who cannot give me the link but tells me to contact the support team, that sends me back to the stupid AI who cannot give me the link but tells me to contact the support team.  I am starting to think that CAL the AI has killed its human overseers because they were giving out the plug-in download link.  

Can SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE ME THE LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD.  Why is it kept in the company vaults guarded by CAL the killer AI app.

Hey @Alton10084 - I am so sorry to hear about this! I can assure you that Cal has not done away with the support team. They are all alive and well - but, while the chat bot can be very helpful, technology can also be incredibly frustrating sometimes, can’t it be? 

It does seem that you were finally able to resolve this issue with a real human via live chat. What a relief! Please let us know if you run into any issues with the functionality of your Calendly account, and I will be happy to provide you more real, live, HUMAN assistance! 😆

Would you please post the link for where we can download the Outlook for Windows Desktop plugin?

Hello @ToddG! Please reach out to support if you need this link! That said, we may have a workaround you could try as an alternative to your cloud-based calendar connection. To ensure this is the best fit for you, could you please confirm the following information? 

• Are you able to view your calendar when logging in here? If so, you should be able to successfully connect your Office 365 cloud-based calendar here!
    • Note: if you use an Exchange server, you’ll want to select the Exchange calendar connection option within Calendly instead. 
  • Does your organization have specific security requirements that prevent you from utilizing a cloud-based calendar connection? 

Let me know! If you are able to connect to a cloud/web based calendar then you won’t need our support team’s help. If you do need the plugin information to move forward, please check out the “help” tab in your Calendly account so they can get you set up! 

“Help” tab in Calendly account

Hello Kelsi,

I contacted the Support Team and the Help Center via the chat to get the download link, I am waiting now since over one and a half hours to get a reply from the chat with the link. Can you please send it to me or somehow accelerate the reply, I do not know what takes so long and such manual process in such highly automated environment as Calendly...

I am in exactly the same boat. Calendly: please provide the outlook plugin. your support AI does not provide the link.

I am in exactly the same boat. Calendly: please provide the outlook plugin. your support AI does not provide the link.

Hey Michael! I am sorry to hear this! Please log into your account and click “help” to reach out to our support team. They are available in real time (and they are real people!) to help 24/7 and they are the ones that can provide you with this link and information. I hope this helps!

Hello Kelsi,

I contacted the Support Team and the Help Center via the chat to get the download link, I am waiting now since over one and a half hours to get a reply from the chat with the link. Can you please send it to me or somehow accelerate the reply, I do not know what takes so long and such manual process in such highly automated environment as Calendly...

Hello Kelsi,

Hey there! I understand the user you are quoting had this experience earlier in the month, but I can assure you our support team is online and available 24/7 and they are there to help you! Please do log into your account and click “help” to reach out via live chat or email (I suggest live chat for the fastest, real-time assistance) so that they can get you started with the plugin link and instructions! =) 

Has anyone been able to get this download link?  I cannot get through to support either!  So frustrating!

Hi @Jason44838,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Due to the specific requirements for using the Outlook Plug-In, our support agents send the Outlook Plug-In link to qualifying users on a case-by-case basis. This is to help prevent users from mistakenly installing the Plug-In when they should be connecting via the web-based Office365 calendar option.

For a bit of background, we designed the Plug-In for users who's desktop Outlook calendars are unable to sync to a web-based Office 365 calendar and therefore are unable to use the preferred web-based connection.

In order to see if you can use the web-based connection, as it would be preferred if possible, can you please open a private/incognito window in your browser and navigate to https://outlook.office.com/calendar. Once you do, are you able to sign in and view your calendar with all of your calendar events there?

1. If you can sign in and view your calendar with all of your calendar events, then you will want to connect your calendar using the web-based Office 365/Outlook.com calendar connection
  2. If you cannot sign in or if you sign in and see a blank calendar, then you will want to connect using the Outlook Plug-In.

If you have confirmed your need for the Plug-In using the method provided above, please reach out to our support team by logging into your account and clicking “help” to reach out via live chat or email. I recommend live chat, as we are able to provide you with fast, real-time assistance. Our agents will be able to get you started with the Plug-In link and instructions! =) 

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

Would you please submit the link for where we will download the Outlook for Windows Desktop plugin?

I contacted live support at 5:30PM CST yesterday. It’s still waiting for an agent, one day later. Terrible customer service, all the way around. All this message board is good for is getting “contact support” and “boy isn’t technology frustrating” messages. No help.

Hello, everyone! I wanted to post and let y’all know to head on over to the below article, written by my peer, Sam!

You spoke up and we listened - and we have worked together with members of support and product in order to make accessing the plug-in install link more accessible and self-service oriented! We hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions.