Skip to main content
Question

Different Calendars for Different Event Types

• 1 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I have two different Event Types.  For one event, I want Calendly to check for conflicts on only my calendar.  For the other Event Type, I want Calendly to check for conflicts on both my calendar and my engineer’s calendar.

Currently, this Calendar sync setting is only under the Profile settings and applies to all Event Types.

As a sales person, I set up meetings for just myself or technical meetings for myself and my engineer.  However, I have to only choose one unless there is a workaround.

Thank you

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Malik20384 - great question! Our New User Guide and Company Admin Guide might be helpful places for your to start on your Calendly journey! =) 

To your point: there is no way to set up a single Calendly account so that certain events check against certain calendars for conflicts. Any “check for conflicts” calendar that you set up will apply to all of your event types.

That said, this is why adding additional users is so beneficial (among many other reasons!) - if you do have an additional user, they can set up their own “check for conflicts” calendar/s entirely separate from yours, and any events they are assigned to as a host will be checked against those. 

We have plenty of resources for you to learn about creating a team and setting up team events! The first step is adding your desired team members to your account from your Admin Management page. Then, you can set up a team page. Your team page will have all of your events specific to that team: round robin or collective.

Round Robin events will allow your invitees to book an appointment at any time at least one assigned team member is available. Collective events allow invitees to book an appointment when all assigned team members are available. 

If you'd like a more thorough breakdown of the team features, check out this recording that walks through the basics of using Calendly with your team.