Skip to main content

Hi,

I’ve noticed that when scheduling a meeting with Calendly, it does not DIRECTLY add the invitee(s) to the calendar events.  All it will show is myself in Google Calendar, not me plus the Invitee as if I had invited them directly.

Is there a setting or way to do this?  Because sometimes invitees lose the calendly email, and I feel like if they are DIRECTLY on the calendar itself, showing to me as well if they accepted or not, then thats a lot more likely to get them to pay attention to the meeting, particularly if it shifts around (which is what happened, I had to reschedule the meeting but the invitee didnt “pay attention”).

Nathan

Hey there @Nathan84333 -- great question!

For some context, with Calendly, there are two types of invitee booking notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

Note: Calendar invitations are not compatible with iCloud Calendar or the Outlook Plugin (for Windows users). Users with either of these calendar connections set up as their "add-to calendar" on their Calendar Connection page will be defaulted to Email Confirmations. Calendar Invitations are also not compatible with Group Event Types

If you are using Email Confirmations, then your invitees will need to accept their invites via email before they appear as “confirmed” guests on your calendar events. There is no way around this, as it’s controlled by the calendar provider and not Calendly. If you are using Calendar Invitations, then you should see your invitees as “pending” until they accept their invites > the invitees should show as “confirmed” once they have accepted. Of course, there are some small differences depending on which calendar you are using. 

I hope this information is helpful!