Question

Disable email field on booking page

• 20 March 2024
  • 5 replies

I do not want to collect or send email confirmations to users who book with me. We send them a text message with details and force them to watch an intro video before joining the meeting. If they get the calendar invite it allows them to bypass this. How can I hide or disable this field?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Virtual16272 - thanks for your question! I understand your frustration, here, with feeling as though the reminder text makes an email confirmation redundant, and the calendar invitation allows invitees to choose to skip an important step. That said - you can include links in your email confirmations just like you can in emails/SMS set up via Workflows. Perhaps a workaround here would be to include that info in the initial email confirmation to avoid redundancy and then set up the reminder SMS to send out at a different time than “immediately after booking”! 

At this time there is no way to disable the option between sending either an email confirmation or a calendar invitation to each invitee that books with you. This is not something currently on our roadmap.

For some context, with Calendly, there are two types of invitee booking notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

Note: Calendar invitations are not compatible with iCloud Calendar or the Outlook Plugin (for Windows users). Users with either of these calendar connections set up as their "add-to calendar" on their Calendar Connection page will be defaulted to Email Confirmations. 

I’m sorry to be the deliverer of bad news, here, but hope the definitive answer is at least somewhat helpful!

Please let me know if there’s anything regarding setting up your account or the functionality of Calendly I can assist with and I’ll be happy to! Check out our New User Guide and Company Admin Guide as well. They’re super helpful resources! 

That is a poor solution if the link needs to be dynamic based on the booking which is what I am doing. Also, not everyone has email in poorer demographics or the elderly. Can we prefill and email and then hide the field from the submitter?

Userlevel 7

That is a poor solution if the link needs to be dynamic based on the booking which is what I am doing. Also, not everyone has email in poorer demographics or the elderly. Can we prefill and email and then hide the field from the submitter?

I am very sorry that you don’t feel this solution will work for you - but of course, I completely understand! That said, there is not going to be any workaround that allows for you to disable booking notifications. 

However, you can absolutely always head to the booking page for an invitee and fill it out for them, using a dummy email address of your own, to fill the time slot! 

I do hope you have a better day!

I just put my email in there instead of the client’s. That way the only info for them is their phone number for texting (if so chosen). (Although I see what you  mean if the client is booking himself/herself.)

Userlevel 7

I just put my email in there instead of the client’s. That way the only info for them is their phone number for texting (if so chosen). (Although I see what you  mean if the client is booking himself/herself.)

This is a great workaround when booking on behalf of your clients - and I really appreciate you sharing it with us! I know that many users choose to do this (book on behalf of their clients on their own public booking pages so that the clients receive confirmations and do not have to actively book). Thanks again!