Question

Disconnecting Availability for Different Events

• 2 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I am trying to see if there is a way to disconnect availability from active events. I have multiple active events but each with different availability, but when I schedule in one event is takes that availability away from another event even though the active schedules for each of those events are different.

How do I stop this from happening?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Close65407 - thanks for your topic, and great question!

This is actually expected behavior. 

Because Calendly sees each account as an individual user, it will not allow overlapping Calendly events in an effort to prevent double bookings. However, we do have a Group Event Type that will allow multiple invitees to book the same time slot on one event type! (This is a great solution if you’d like to meet with one host (you) > multiple invitees at the same time.) 

You can also set up a team page that includes multiple users that are actually your alternative email addresses. Then, create a round robin event type between your accounts so invitees can continue scheduling for the same time slot as long as one account has availability.

Or, with multiple users, you can create different one-on-one event types (this is not technically possible on a team page, but here’s a workaround that goes over how to make it happen anyway!) with a different host assigned to each. This will allow for each event type to be booked simultaneously, in an overlapping manner, as you desire! Keep in mind, you will have to pay for each additional user. You can read more about our plans, pricing and features on our Pricing Page! Note: an annual subscription will result in a 20% discount for all paid plans!

You’ll need at least our Standard plan to make the above a reality.

Standard
Our Standard plan is:

• $10/user/month (billed annually)
  • $12/user/month (billed monthly)

For small teams or individuals with more sophisticated scheduling needs
Standard features include all Free features, plus

• Group and collective event types
  • Multiple calendars for availability and scheduling
  • Unlimited one-on-one event types
  • Reminders, reconfirmation requests and other workflows
  • Customizable branding and logos on your website
  • Hubspot, Paypal, Stripe, and 100s of integrations
  • Live chat support

I hope this info helps! Check out our New User Guide and our Company Admin Guide for more tips and tricks as you get started. 

Here are some more helpful articles that will be super useful as you learn the ropes: