Skip to main content

Hey there, sorry if my searching skills are off!

I have group meetings with the same people at specific events every three weeks.

e.g.

Group 1 - 1st Feb - with Tom, Sally, and Jane

Group 2 - 2nd Feb - with Bob, Claire, and Simon

Group 1 - 22nd Feb - with Tom, Sally, and Jane

Group 2 - 23rd Feb - with Bob, Claire, and Simon

On my account, I have a schedule of events with the date, time, and location, reoccuring every three weeks. But each time, I have to add Tom, Sally, and Jane or Bob, Claire, and Simon in individually each time with the GUI , which can be time consuming. 😭

Is there a better way of doing this?
Thanks in advance. 😄

Hey there @Matt08126 - thanks for your topic, and great question!

While Calendly does not have a recurring event feature at this time, many users encourage invitees to book their next meeting after confirming an event. I apologize for the inconvenience with this.
Standard, Teams, and Enterprise users can also take advantage of our invitee redirect feature! Rather than seeing the Calendly confirmation page after booking, invitees will be automatically forwarded to the website of your choosing. Check out this help center article to get you started.

The other workaround I have would be for once the invitee books the event within Calendly, either you or the invitee can edit the event on your connected calendar and set it up to repeat as needed. While this won't create an event within Calendly, Calendly will be able to check it for conflicts, so you will not be double-booked at that time.

You might also be interested in our Group Event Type (one host > multiple invitees) feature! Check out that Help Center article along with the other resource I linked to learn more!

I hope this helps! 

Hey Kelsi, thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

We did think of trying the reoccouring event on a connected calendar, however, we found that the email/sms reminder that Calendly provides is a more important and useful feature, that we need to keep that functionality, which I believe we would lose if we used the 2nd suggestion. Is that correct?

Could we put our requirement forward as a feature suggestion?

Many thanks,
matt

Hey Kelsi, thank you for your suggestions. I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

We did think of trying the reoccouring event on a connected calendar, however, we found that the email/sms reminder that Calendly provides is a more important and useful feature, that we need to keep that functionality, which I believe we would lose if we used the 2nd suggestion. Is that correct?

Could we put our requirement forward as a feature suggestion?

Many thanks,
matt

The bolded is correct - unfortunately! I will absolutely make sure this request is included in our user feedback for the month (we compile a report to make sure your voices are heard!). While I cannot make promises regarding if/when new features will be implemented in the future, our product team is always taking into consideration the feedback given by users when improving Calendly as a whole. 🙂 Thanks so much for your feedback, as well!