Skip to main content
Solved

Email and SMS notifications

• 16 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi Team,

I need help with these please:

1. I would like to know if the texts they opted in for stops if a meeting is cancelled by us
  2. If the texts stop if a meeting is cancelled by the client?
  3. How can we make it possible that the emails that are sent to the booking person is from an email address that is different from my sign-in email? Or is it possible that any emails that Calendly sends to the client are from a different email instead of the sign in email?
    If I sign in with my personal email but we use notifications@calendly.com for client notifications, can my email be hidden from clients? I don't want my email to appear on anything sent to the client.

Thank you!

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Sandy65332 -- great questions!

1. Yes. Any cancellation also stops reminders.
  2. Yes, same as above!
  3. This one is a little more complex, so let me break it down for you.
    1. All booking notifications that are email confirmations will be sent from notifications@calendly.com.
      1. Calendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
      2. You can select "no reply" if you don't want to receive replies or expose your personal email address. Instead, the email will come from no-reply@calendly.com.
    2. All booking notifications that are calendar invitations will be sent from your add-to calendar on your Calendar Sync page.
      1. your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email.
      2. There is no way to hide this email address as your calendar sends it directly. 
  4. With Workflows specifically, you can integrate a Gmail or Outlook email address of your choice to send follow-up and reminder emails etc. This means you can create an email address specifically for this purpose, if you’d like.
    1. Head to your integrations & apps tab
    2. Click “email messaging” 
    3. Choose either “Gmail for Workflows” or “Outlook for Workflows” 
    4. Follow the prompts to connect

I hope this helps!