Skip to main content
Question

Email delivery

• 25 March 2024
  • 6 replies

When I do a test appointment with my newly setup calendly account, using my personal email address, I get a bounceback on my company address. I’m guessing this is due to the fact I haven’t included your servers in my companies SPF configuration. Anyone have any info on what I need to put in my SPF include so that this works? Here is the bounce error

Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

w7rtf@pm.me
Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

Diagnostic information for administrators:

Generating server: VI1P190MB0624.EURP190.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM

w7rtf@pm.me
Remote server returned '550 5.7.708 Service unavailable. Access denied, traffic not accepted from this IP. For more information please go to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=526653 AS(7230) 3AM7P190MB0662.EURP190.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM 2024-03-25T15:20:31.931Z 08DC4BC59EA64268]'

Original message headers:

Received: from VI1P190MB0624.EURP190.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
 ("fe80::d7d:4518:3ffd:2cfd]) by VI1P190MB0624.EURP190.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM
 ("fe80::d7d:4518:3ffd:2cfd%6]) with mapi id 15.20.7409.028; Mon, 25 Mar 2024
 15:20:32 +0000
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2024 15:20:32 +0000
Message-ID:
        <VI1P190MB0624E7E9014CAD1B8C920A28DE362@VI1P190MB0624.EURP190.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM>
Subject: =?iso-8859-1?Q?My_Testing_and_Sigur=F0ur_Bjarnason?=

Hey there @siggib! Great question - and sorry you’ve run into this!

I’m guessing this is due to the fact I haven’t included your servers in my companies SPF configuration.

Make sure to whitelist our IP addresses on your end! These are: 

167.89.22.99, 149.72.200.43, and 149.72.248.16

Also, make sure our sender address (notifications@calendly.com) is on your safe senders list as well! I hope this helps!

I’ve added those IP’s to the SPF record for oruggtnet.is, but I’m still getting the same issue.

Maybe DNS hadn’t propogated yet, I’ll try again tomorrow.

Maybe DNS hadn’t propogated yet, I’ll try again tomorrow.

Yes! I am hoping this is the issue. It can take some time to refresh. If you are still running into this issue tomorrow I suggest logging into your account and clicking “help” to connect with our support team (available 24/7) so that they can take a deeper look on the backend into your deliverability. We are always here to help, as well - don’t hesitate to come back to this post! The (fabulous!) support team just has certain tools that they can use in this specific case. Good luck!

@Kelsi at Calendly 

Sorry, but I feel your answer doesn’t remotely address the issue reported by @siggib.

I had someone call me yesterday about this; and i am confident i know the root cause. Please read this; and share with your Help Article content creators - to formally provide guidelines for your customers.

https://blog.jacksonfamily.me/services/collaboration/calendly-spf

Hope it helps.

Simon

@Kelsi at Calendly 

Sorry, but I feel your answer doesn’t remotely address the issue reported by @siggib.

I had someone call me yesterday about this; and i am confident i know the root cause. Please read this; and share with your Help Article content creators - to formally provide guidelines for your customers.

https://blog.jacksonfamily.me/services/collaboration/calendly-spf

Hope it helps.

Simon

WOW! Simon, that is a very informative article! I do want to say that I’m sorry my response didn’t seem helpful, above. From community’s end we aren’t able to dig in deep and troubleshot email deliverability issues, but our support team can - which is why I asked the OP to reach out to them if whitelisting didn’t work etc. 

It’s also important to note Google’s end of similar issues (since your article is so thorough, I assume you might want to know this and perhaps include it!). 

Google Calendar added a new policy recently for users to help combat spam. This new policy impacts all scheduling tools, including Calendly. Events set up for calendar invitations will only be added automatically if you have had previous interaction with your invitee. For an invitees first time booking, the calendar event will not be automatically added to their Google calendar. Instead, there will be a pop-up above the calendar invitation within the email, allowing the option to click "I know the sender." 

Once your invitees select "I know the sender" and confirm "Yes" the event invitation, any additional event invitations from that email/sender will automatically appear within their Google calendar going forward. 

Google Calendar users can change this setting within their Google account at any time by:

1. Click Settings on the top right hand side of your Google calendar.

2. Under General, select Event Settings.

3. Under Add invitations to my calendar, select From everyone.

To learn more about how to keep your meetings visible to your invitees, you can review our help center article here.

This can also impact email deliverability as it pertains to calendar invitations etc. 

Thanks again for the seriously impressive info - and have a great day!