Skip to main content
Question

Event Booked Time Zone is different on the confirmation email.

• 19 March 2024
  • 1 reply

I have booked a couple of appointments for myself, with a different email address than my account, in order to test out some changes I have made to my events. In this, the time zone I am in and used for my booking is central time, but the confirmation email and booking time in the email is changed to Eastern. I have had 3 no shows from my last 3 appointments and I suspect this is why. How do I fix this? 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Kara00563 - great question! 

Firstly - check out the time zone settings in the email and calendar that you are receiving the invites to (as the invitee). The time that a calendar event appears on a calendar, for example, will be based on the time zone settings of both that calendar and the device its on, and can get a little confusing. 

Secondly - check out the time zone settings for the email and calendar (and device) that you (the host) have in place as well. Since you are testing this out as both the invitee and host, this can cause more confusion. 

The time zone reflected on the booking confirmation will depend on the type of confirmation, as well.

Confirmations and Reminders: Time zone included in meeting confirmations and reminders reflect the timezone that was visible on the booking page.

Calendar Invitations: The time zone included in calendar invitations are based on the time zone setting of the calendar receiving the invitation (this could be where you are running into issues).

Generally, when timezone issues happen on the invitee’s end, it is because the invitee has a time zone setting that is incorrect in their browser or calendar (keep in mind that when you are testing you are the invitee and the host - and check the appropriate calendar when troubleshooting!). Depending on the calendar they use, your invitee can follow these steps (if using Google calendar) to check and fix these settings if the meeting is on your (host) calendar for the correct time. 

One other thing to note: Calendly automatically adjusts for daylight savings, so if invitees are trying to compensate for the hour change, they will be scheduling for an hour off. In other words if an invitee schedules a meeting for 8am before daylight savings happens, that meeting will still be scheduled for 8am after daylight savings.

Defaulting to UTC

(This might not apply to your situation, but just in case!)

With calendar invitations, Calendly searches to find the invitee's local time zone, but sometimes cannot locate it or receives conflicting information. When this happens, the timezone on the invitation defaults to UTC.

This is especially common with invitees who use Hotmail, Yahoo or AOL email addresses.

If you are having a lot of problems with your invitee's receiving calendar invitations displaying in UTC, switching to Email Confirmations in the event type settings can be a great solution.

Screen Shot 2020-12-09 at 6.18.09 PM.png

You can also check out this article by my peer, which might be helpful! 

I hope this helps! Let me know if you can’t figure this out and if that’s the case, provide any additional info that might help me help you. I’ll be here!