Question

executive (team) coach

• 12 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I’m an executive coach who works with individuals and teams and would love to find out if can Calendly show in my google calendar which options have been given to others by email option scheduling  which they didn’t take yet (like notion calendar does) and take away the option as soon it is taken by someone? I would like to see in my calendar which options are offered to others - even if they are not taken yet -  so I don’t carelessly overbook them but I also want to offer the same options to different people and give the first one to respond the benefit whilst taking this option away for others.  I want to give my assistant access to give out options on my behalf via her own email. Is that possible with calendly?
I would also like to give out multiple options to coaches and teams to schedule 4-8 sesssions over a time period ahead and have them limited so they can and should schedule a minimum and maximum amount of meetings. Preferably I would also like to have the rule that certain meetings can overrule others, so let’s say that I have a ceo who wants to schedule something, he should be able to overbook others, but other people shouldn’t. Could you help me in a call or chat to find out if calendly is right for me and which plan I need?

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Hugo10247 - thanks for your post! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform! You will also want to read our Company Admin Guide. Many of your questions will be answered there! 

Calendly is a scheduling platform that essentially sits on top of your connected personal calendar. It checks for events marked “Busy” and interprets them as conflicts, preventing invitees from scheduling new events at those times.

When an invitee schedules with you, the event is automatically published to your personal calendar and appears on your Calendly Home page under Scheduled Events. Both you and your invitee receive confirmation by email as well, helping to streamline scheduling for appointments, meetings, and more!

1. Your Google Calendar will display events that have already been booked via Calendly, and will not display the other empty time slots before they are taken. When an invitee books an event with you via Calendly that is pushed to your “add-to” calendar (Google Calendar in this case). 
  2. You will need to look at your Calendly booking page/availability to see what time slots are not taken yet. 
  3. When an invitee books a date/time, that date/time is then removed from your booking page and is no longer offered to other invitees!
  4. You are not able to allow your assistant to book for you using her own email address. You would need to allow her to log into your account with your username/password to work on your behalf to meet this goal. Alternatively, you can purchase a paid seat for her and add her to your account as a new user, make her an admin, and allow her to control your event types via team page events and Admin Managed Events
  5. While Calendly does not currently have a recurring meeting feature, we do have a workaround! You might want to start with reading this article about those solutions. 
  6. There is no way to set it up so that a specific invitee takes priority over other invitees. Calendly does not allow double-bookings, so once at time slot is booked by that invitee, it is booked and cannot be booked over by someone else, regardless of who they are. 
  7. I am going to include information about our paid plans below! If you need more personalized assistance while selecting your plan, setting up your account and getting started, please login to your Calendly account and click “help” to chat with our support team in real time. They are amazing!

Our Free plan is always free!

For individuals starting out with basic scheduling
Free Features

• Unlimited meetings with one event type
  • One calendar and integrations with Google Meet, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Zoom, and more 
  • Customizable booking links and page branding
  • Automated event notifications
  • Embedded scheduling on your site

Standard
Our Standard plan is:

• $10/user/month (billed annually)
  • $12/user/month (billed monthly)

For small teams or individuals with more sophisticated scheduling needs
Standard features include all Free features, plus

• Group and collective event types
  • Multiple calendars for availability and scheduling
  • Unlimited one-on-one event types
  • Reminders, reconfirmation requests and other workflows
  • Customizable branding and logos on your website
  • Hubspot, Paypal, Stripe, and 100s of integrations
  • Live chat support

Teams
Our Teams plan is:

• $16/user/month (billed annually)
  • $20/user/month (billed monthly)

For the admin that wants more, including Salesforce and Round Robin.
Teams features include Standard features, plus

• Connect to Salesforce to flow meeting data into the CRM
  • Round Robin events
  • Route leads with Hubspot, Marketo, or Pardot forms
  • Lock and sync admin-managed event templates

I hope this helps!