Skip to main content
Solved

Feature Request - Make managed events private

• 30 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Love the managed event feature. However, we need to create private booking links for my organization and there doesn’t seem to be a way currently to toggle them as Private Only. 

Hey there, @Angela70065 - thanks for your post! You might benefit from reading our Company Admin Guide, to start! =) 

To your question: as with all event types, in order to make an event “secret” you will want to go into to event to edit it > click “When can people book this event?” > scroll down and click “Additional rules for your availability” > click to make the event “secret” > click “Save and Close.” 

Click to make an event “secret”!

This Help Center article goes over managed events, as well as each section in the event settings in detail, to include the above and how to get there/achieve your goal. 

I hope this helps!

Hello,

What if that is missing from the managed event.  I’ve looked up and down to find this feature and can’t locate it.  I’ve had to resort to manually setting the event to secret for every user but there are over a 100 users I need to configure manually as well as monitor to make sure they are not changing this back visible.

Hello,

What if that is missing from the managed event.  I’ve looked up and down to find this feature and can’t locate it.  I’ve had to resort to manually setting the event to secret for every user but there are over a 100 users I need to configure manually as well as monitor to make sure they are not changing this back visible.

Hey there Javier! Great question!

You will not see the “secret” option when editing from the “managed events” page. This is because this option is at the user level - able to be edited from the user’s individual versions of the managed event. Making an event “secret” is not a lockable section as this impacts how the link can be shared etc. So, you’ll either want to let your users either turn this on or leave it off as desired, or you’ll need to edit it for each of them as you are now. 

“Gear icon” > “Make secret” option under managed events at individual user level

I hope this helps! I will certainly make sure to include this feedback in our monthly product team roundup, too! 

Thanks for the clarification

Requiring us to manually set the event to secret for every one of over 100 users makes a “managed event” unmanageable. It requires time consuming effort to manually configure each one and then monitor each regularly to make sure they are not (accidentally or unknowingly) changing it back to visible.