Skip to main content
Question

Feature suggestion: Over-ride availability toggle when employee reschedules / schedules an event

• 23 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Sometimes we are happy or need to meet with a customer outside our standard hours. I believe we can schedule a one-off event for these, but a quicker way to manage this would be an “override availabilty” button during the scheduling or rescheduling from an employee login. This ensures all of the correct information is gathered and presented, as these normal events have had a lot of time in to setting them up.

Example in point, for an event type we have no availability this evening. However, we need to move a customer from next week and they can come in tonight. We can’t reschedule them to tonight without changing the availability of the host. We are happy to see them tonight, as we are rescheduling them.

If there were a button for us to over-ride availability and book any time, that would be helpful. This would leave all other events untouched, and would only override for this one-off booking. It would also keep all of the details of the event correct.

Example crappy photoshop. I can’t see a feature suggestion forum so sorry if this is not the right place.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 3

Hi mrflib!

An override button is an elegant solution for hosts to use. I’ve marked this recommendation as product feedback and will elevate it to our product team. While you can’t reschedule a meeting outside of your normal availability you can book a meeting outside of set available hours. It takes a few extra clicks but hopefully my explanation will make sense. 

1. To start you will need to book a meeting via the “Contacts” area.
  2. Search for your intended contact select the “Book a Meeting” button.
  3. You will then select the event type you want to book and that will navigate you to your normal booking page.
  4. In the upper right of that page you will notice a button that says “Show full calendar.” From here you will be able to book a time with your guest outside of normally available hours. 

Good to know Sean, thanks for that tip.

Hi Sean, tried this today. Unfortunately your tip does not work with Round Robin events, for which all of our events are. Back to the drawing board :)

Cheers.