Skip to main content
Solved

GDPR sample text

• 13 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello,

is there any sample text to use in my own Websites “Data protection”, when using calendly?

do calendly itself provide such a sample text?

Thank you

Hey there @Dirk55682 - that’s a great question!

No, Calendly does not provide sample texts for this purpose. I’m sorry!

However, you might have some luck using Google to find sample texts for this - that’s where I would start! I might also look into what other companies with similar use cases are writing, which Google could also be a great tool for finding.

Lastly -  you could look into joining some communities that talk about data protection, security and privacy etc. I bet all sorts of conversations surrounding writing this sort of text exist in those kinds of communities. 

Good luck! 

Thanks for the answer. But this answer is the core of the problem, I’m currently facing!

I have already received a very expensive warning from a lawyer who claims that I have committed copyright infringement and used his text. It is a text that I found on thousands of websites that use Calendly in Germany. All of these Calendly users are currently at risk of receiving a warning. I'm trying to find out who the real source of this text is in order to fight these warning lawyers. The text that I received a warning begins with the lines - quote: "Zur einfachen, schnellen und unkomplizierten Terminvereinbarung setzen wir das Tool calendly ein. Die Nutzung von calendly erfolgt zur Verbesserung unserer Dienstleistung für bestehende und neue Kunden. Dies stellt ein berechtigtes Interesse im Sinne von Art. 6 Abs. 1 lit. f DSGVO dar......."

I would be grateful for any help in finding the original source of the text. Thank you.

Dirk

Hey there, @Dirk55682 - thanks for the additional context! Unfortunately, I cannot go searching through other Calendly user accounts and then provide you information about those accounts. That would include finding out who uses/originally used this text, as it would breech privacy rules, as well.

I strongly suggest you take this issue to whatever outside entities are assisting you with it - namely, your lawyer - and following whatever they advise. We will not be able to advise further on this here in community. If you are receiving copyright warnings, it’s likely that others are, too. Finding free use text is likely your best bet. I’m sorry I can’t offer more! 

I understand. A pity.

This means that I can no longer use calendly and you are simply letting many of your German customers fall into the trap.