Solved

Generating Single-Use Links

• 25 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to generate a one time, use link, for each time I send out the calendly invite? We use another service to take payments. So I just need to send a link for scheduling, but I don’t want people to be able to use the same link over and over to get free appointments. 

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 25 April 2024, 19:21

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @MandM16767 - there sure is! You can click a little box each time you share a booking link that makes that link single-use. This will mean that as soon as it’s booked, it becomes inactive. You will only want to share each single-use link with one invitee, by design - just to clarify for you! 

You can read more here: Share Your Calendly Link. Also, keep in mind that any time you create a One-Off Meeting that link will be single-use, as well. 🙂

You can also check out this short Loom video I created for you, where I go over exactly how to generate these single-use links! 

I hope this helps - but let me know if you run into any snags. I’ll be here! Otherwise, I do hope you have a great day. 🤗

p.s. check out our New User Guide - it’s super helpful while you learn the ropes! 

Userlevel 7

@MandM16767 -  oops, one more thing! 

While you’re at it, if your goal is to keep invitees from booking free appointments, make your event type secret as well. This way, the only invitees that can book with you will be the invitees you send those single-use booking links to, gone over above. The secret event type will not show up on your public booking page for anyone else to see and book. See below for how!

Thank you! This does help. As of right now, only people who purchase an appointment will be emailed a link from us. 

Userlevel 7

Thank you! This does help. As of right now, only people who purchase an appointment will be emailed a link from us. 

Wonderful - so glad that it was helpful! Good luck with what you’re doing - and let us know if you need anything else. =)