Skip to main content
Question

Get zoom generated details

• 23 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi!

So i have a webflow page with a cms called events and then a group event in calendly which location is zoom, my questions is:

Is there a way to know the zoom link that calendly is gonna generate for that event? or the only way to know it is registering and obtaining it in the confirmation email? i need it so that way i can added to my cms item and use that field for filter for something

Thanks!

Hi!

So i have a webflow page with a cms called events and then a group event in calendly which location is zoom, my questions is:

Is there a way to know the zoom link that calendly is gonna generate for that event? or the only way to know it is registering and obtaining it in the confirmation email? i need it so that way i can added to my cms item and use that field for filter for something

Thanks!

Hey there! Thanks for your post!

So, there is no way to know ahead of time what the Zoom link will be if you have your Zoom settings in place to generate a new link for every meeting. 

That said, if you set up within your Zoom account settings to use your PMI (Personal Meeting ID), then this is possible as it’s the same link each time.

See below to learn how! 

When you schedule a Calendly meeting with Zoom, Zoom will generate a unique meeting link for each Calendly meeting. If you'd prefer to use the same Personal Meeting ID (PMI) for your meetings, you'll want to follow the steps below to enable PMI in your Zoom settings.

How to use your Zoom Personal Meeting ID for meetings

1. In Zoom, log in and go to your Zoom account settings.
  2. Under Schedule Meeting, locate Use Personal Meeting ID (PMI) when scheduling a meeting, and turn on the setting.

Screen_Shot_2021-01-15_at_10.09.57_AM.png

For more details on enabling this, consult Zoom's Using Personal Meeting ID (PMI).

After you enable PMI in Zoom

Once you enable PMI in your Zoom account, your Calendly meetings will use the same Zoom link.

NOTE: if you tend to host back-to-back Calendly meetings, there's a chance that participants from two separate calls may pop in to the same Zoom call. To prevent this, consider setting up a waiting room in Zoom.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you get stuck and we’ll be more than happy to help.

p.s check out our New User Guide - it’s full of tips + tricks to help you get started, to include about things like your Zoom integration and event type settings!