Skip to main content

I’d like to protect the privacy of my clients by not allowing my spouse to see *details* of the Calendly events that sync to my personal Google calendar.  How do I do this?

As background - I’m syncing Calendly appointments onto my Google calendar.  Because of how my spouse and I have our Google calendars set up, he can see all my personal Google calendar events. For events from Calendly there, I want my spouse to just see that I’m busy, and not see my Calendly event details (customer’s name etc.). Is there a way to set up sync with Google so that only I as the calendar owner can see the Calendly event details in Google?

I’ll add that my prior calendar app (Acuity/Square) allowed this functionality with a setting, and I only just realized my spouse is now able to see details of my customers since I started using Calendly.

Thanks for any help you can provide. 

Hi @JCK,

Calendly doesn’t offer an out-of-box feature like you are describing. Good news though, to achieve what you want is pretty straightforward and just requires setting up a second Google calendar for your work events. Instead of syncing your Calendly directly to the calendar shared with your husband, simply create a second work/client calendar and update its settings to private. Then, also in settings, simply share your calendar with his email. He can now see your events on his calendar but can’t see any of your client details. With a paid Calendly account you can have up to six connected calendars. Calendly will check all of them before creating a booking. 

Google: Share your calendar with someone

Google: Understand the basics of privacy in Google Calendar

Google: Change your event privacy settings