Skip to main content
Question

Google Meet using Outlook Calendar

• 31 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Has anyone been able to use Google Meet but without using Google Calendar?  Our company uses Office 365 Outlook for email.  We don’t want to use Google calendar but love how easy Google Meet is to use.  You don’t have to click but one button and you are in the meeting. With Teams and everything else, you have to enter a password and a code and it takes 5 minutes to get into the meeting!!! Google Meet is awesomely easy to use …. but you have to use a Google Calendar.  Are there any workarounds out there? 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey @J.63732 - great question! Thanks so much for your post. New User Guide

At this time there is no way to integrate Google Meet with Calendly without using Google Calendar. You can read about our Google Meet integration and how it works here

I understand that this is frustrating and I apologize for the inconvenience it causes. However, I would like to touch on the pain points you mentioned regarding MS Teams and Zoom etc.

Using Zoom as an example (what I would consider our most popular virtual conference integration): you absolutely can set it up so that a password is needed to enter meetings, there is a waiting room turned on and more - but you can also choose not to have those settings in place, making it so that a host/invitee simply clicks the link to join the meeting and nothing else is required! I am providing our Help Center articles on the Calendly Zoom integration so that you can check this out as an alternative to Google Meet. 

Getting Started with Zoom

Use Your Zoom Personal Meeting ID For Meetings

Adding a Zoom Passcode to Your Meetings (this will also result in your understanding how to remove a passcode)

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any questions. =)