Skip to main content
Solved

Have 1 user book multiple slots of same event (Like a teacher would for the class)

• 11 October 2023
  • 6 replies

We regularly have school classes booking our hiking trips with one host. There always are 11 slots period but i havent found a way to enable the user of paying for all slots at once. this is important for us since these are the most important type of customer, should also be in your interest.

setting it all up as a group event would only regard the number of hosts, correct? 

Cheers
Karl 

Hello! Group Event Types are for one host to many invitees (attendees) at the same time. For example, a host that wants to be able to meet with 10 people at 1pm on a given date.

Collective Event Types are for multiple hosts to meet with one invitee at the same time, similarly. 

What you want is a recurring event type with an ability to pay for them all in one go. 

While Calendly does not have a recurring event feature at this time, many users encourage invitees to book their next meeting after confirming an event. I apologize for the inconvenience with this.

Standard, Teams, and Enterprise users can also take advantage of our invitee redirect feature! Rather than seeing the Calendly confirmation page after booking, invitees will be automatically forwarded to the website of your choosing. Check out this help center article to get you started.

The other workaround I have would be for once the invitee books the event within Calendly, either you or the invitee can edit the event on your calendar and set it up to repeat as needed. While this won't create an event within Calendly, Calendly will be able to check it for conflicts, so you will not be booked at that time.

In regards to paying for all sessions at once, Calendly has integrations with PayPal and Stripe that you can apply to an event. While there isn’t currently a way to book multiple events at once and pay for them a la carte, there is a work around I like to suggest!

First you’ll want to set up one event to cover the price of, let’s say, 6 classes for $210. You can then clone that event, remove the payment option, and set it to a secret event. This will hide the event from your main booking page, so users can’t book you for free!

Then you can include the link in the confirmation page of the 6 classes event, so when they book that one, they receive the link to book their other 5 with you without paying again.
That being said, I’ve gone ahead and added this ticket to our feature request board so our product team can evaluate adding it in the future!

So - to combine your two issues - you can encourage invitees to book multiple time slots. They will pay the total amount due on the first one, and then they can book the rest “for free” on a secret event type. Hope this information was helpful! Let us know if you have more questions! We will take this feedback to the appropriate team, as well! 

Hello Kelsi,

thank you for your help, these are some great workarounds!
I hope I can get across what my problem is. 

The title “Have 1 user book multiple slots of same event” is regarding to the same event, (not event type) meaning multiple invitee slots of one event on one date.

Even though the alpaca hiking trip we offer is recurring in its nature, its not really about enabling the customers to book 1 or more invitee slots on multiple event dates, but rather about 

enabling a single customer to book up to 11 invitee slots on 1 event date and pay them all in one go.

Having to checkout 11 times via the invitee redirect feature would be a usability nightmare I would’nt want my customers to go through. Even though payment data might be autofilled.

Also, the customer would need to be able to book any number of invitee slots between 1 an 11.  Is that possible with one of any of all existing workarounds?

Cheers
Karl

Hey Karl,

Thank you for clarifying in your response to Kelsi!

I’ve been pondering this question for hours and the short answer is ‘no, but not entirely no’. The way our Stripe integration works is on a price set for the specific event type. There’s no way for us to set a quantity variable (fyi: I’ve added this to our product feedback list) so someone booking would not be able to set a number between 1 and 11 and have the price reflect that.

However, we’re all about efficiency so what you could do - as Kelsi brought up in another post earlier today - you could use Workflows to shoot off a follow up email immediately after the event is booked with payment information. Depending on which payment provider you use, you could likely either set the quantity for the customer or the customer can choose.

I’m going to post this up internally if see if anyone has a better idea. And honestly, we’re going to need you to share a link to your hiking tours and perhaps pictures of your alpacas. Your questions - and your alpacas - are generating quite the buzz here at Calendly… in a very good way. 😁

same question here. thanks

Hey you two,

thanks for your efforts, i truly appreciate that.

Anyway, I think its quite a basic feature to be honest. Whenever one buys something online you can set a quantity. Why would it be so different with an order that has a date connected to it? I was pretty surprised that the market leader couldn’t deliver on that.

Technically it seems possible too. checkbox in event type settings, + & - buttons on booking page if checkbox is set and if the stripe interface wont support quantity, internally transform it into a single order with the quantity amt prefixed into the order name before sending it over to stripe? Maybe im wrong but it seems doable in no time for an experienced IT company like you guys.

I know IT Dpts. are chronically overloaded, but when it comes to convince  management to make a necessary & basic feature go up in priority, it might help to argue that that the quantity multiplier might also apply to the cuts you get from your transactions with stripe? so there might be more potential for calendly than just realizing a random customer feature request. Also theres been a +1 within 2 days already.

A community voted feature request list is also a great idea. Users are generally more willing to just upvote an existing request rather than file a whole new post with the same content or post a +1 comment like in this post. You wouldnt need to commit to anything just because its upvoted a lot. (Maybe leave out creation dates?)
Even though potential customers generally wont regard the needed development efforts into their requests, you would know exactly what makes potential customers leave your product. Including the ones, that are not able to take the time to chat with you beautiful souls. 

So when can you make this happen? 

I talked to the customer and we’ll be looking around for another solution that provides the needed feature. Manually changing events or making the customer order multiple times is not what were looking for.

If the feature is available in the next two weeks we might reconsider because other than this issue your software is made very well.

Cheers
Karl

Hey Karl!

I wanted to make sure I checked everything really thoroughly before delivering any less-than-great news to you and the alpacas, hence the delay in getting back to. And sadly, I come bearing not great news. No current plans to change the quantity or pricing side of the Stripe integration. Lots of planned updates and new features for all things meetings, but looks like we’ve got some work to do on the e-commerce side of things.

I’m definitely going to advocate for this feature (and e-commerce in general since I’m seeing quite a few ideas!), but alpacas don’t work for free and I get the need to find the right tool. Just keep us in mind for next time? And we’ll definitely keep you and your customers in mind if we ever find ourselves in the area. I’m calling dibs on Zampano. With a name like that, there’s got to be a personality to match.

And yes to the community voted feature list. You’ll be glad to know I spent most of today working on the roadmap for this community and that exact item is something I’m looking to deliver in the next 6 months. It’s coming!

Hopefully see you around,

~Jillian