Skip to main content
Question

How can add additional guests after the meeting is scheduled?

• 6 November 2023
  • 3 replies

I cannot find any way to do this.  If someone is left off the invite, rather than forwarding the invite, I’d like to add them to the invite so it sends them reminders. 

Hey @Dawn78805! Great question!

What exactly is the context, here? Is this a group event type? I ask because Calendly is a scheduling tool but doesn’t actually facilitate the sending of invitations. You have to share your own scheduling link in one of many ways possible (email, text, social media, on your website for example).

So, if someone wasn’t included in whatever initial way you sent your link you’d just need to send it to them!

If you are asking how to add someone to a date/time that’s already booked by other invitees, like with a group event, please let me know and I’ll happily help! 

Thank you!  Yes I need my assistant included on all invites and someone set up an event and didn’t include her and I cannot figure out how to add them.  For instance if a meeting gets cancelled she won’t be notified

I’m doing onboarding calls with people and have someone else setting these up and they forgot to add my assistant.

Thank you!  Yes I need my assistant included on all invites and someone set up an event and didn’t include her and I cannot figure out how to add them.  For instance if a meeting gets cancelled she won’t be notified

I’m doing onboarding calls with people and have someone else setting these up and they forgot to add my assistant.

Gotcha - thanks for this additional context!

At this time, Calendly will only notify the Calendly user that is booked with the event, and the invitee. That being said, we do have a workaround that may help! You can set up a forwarding filter in your inbox to automatically forward all emails received from notifications@calendly.com. You can even forward notifications for a specific event type by filtering by subject titles that include the event type name. This will not post the events directly on another calendar, but it may be helpful in making this process a bit easier if that is needed.

If you would like your assistant to be an additional host that actually attends all of your onboarding calls with you, you can do that! However, you will not be able to do it within Calendly on bookings already made - so I suggest adding her to your connected calendar events (example: if you have Google Calendar connected, add her to the Google Calendar events created for each Calendly booking). Then, for future events you’d need to do the following: 

• Be on at least our Standard plan (or Teams plan) 
  • Add your assistant as an additional user to your Calendly org (here are the steps
  • Set up Collective Event Types with your assistant as the second host so they can attend all booked meetings, be notified, get reminders etc.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have more questions! =)