Question

How can I allow invitees to apply discount codes to the price of my event/s upon booking?

• 27 August 2023
  • 31 replies

Userlevel 7

I am offering package deals for my event types and would like to allow my invitees to book multiple dates for a discounted price. How can I do this? 

31 replies

Userlevel 7

On our Standard plan and above, you can collect payments right on your booking page! We have integrations with both Stripe and PayPal. You can connect your Stripe or PayPal account to Calendly to collect payments when your invitees schedule with you. If you don't use these services, you could add a custom link to your confirmation page that leads to your preferred payment provider. You could also customize your invitee notification emails to include that link!

While there isn’t currently a way to book multiple events at once and pay for them a la carte, there is a work around I like to suggest to our users that write in about this! 

First, you’ll want to set up one event to cover the price of, let’s say, 6 classes for $210. You can then clone that event, remove the payment option, and set it to a secret event. This will hide the event from your main booking page, so users can’t book you for free! Then, you can include the link in the confirmation page of the 6 classes event, so when invitees book that one, they receive the link to book their other 5 with you without paying again. You can also use the redirect feature to send invitees to another event type after booking the first, or to send them to a website of your choice - such as an explanation of packages you provide. 

Userlevel 2

i really dont see how having to create clones for every event type warrants a soloution - when a discount code would be so much easier!

Userlevel 1

Calendly ~ Please create a way for us to offer discount codes without cloning / secret event. There are so many applications for this for various business owners. Appreciate the workaround but it does not work in many situations. Thank you! 

Userlevel 7

Calendly ~ Please create a way for us to offer discount codes without cloning / secret event. There are so many applications for this for various business owners. Appreciate the workaround but it does not work in many situations. Thank you! 

Thanks for your feedback, Elizabeth! I’d be interested in hearing more about your use case as well - if you want to share! 

I am going to share an article below that goes over the workarounds currently suggested for this, just in case they do help! That said, I am marking the feedback to be included in our monthly report. I can’t make promises about implementing new features/updates - but I can promise the feedback will be heard! Have a wonderful week. 

Userlevel 1

I’ve just seen that Calendly doesn’t offer ‘discount code’ functionality.  Crazy.

And yes I’ve seen the workarounds.  The beauty of a discount code is that people actually see that they are getting a special price.  Plus having multiple events for all different prices is just ridiculous.

Calendly, where is this on your priority list?  If its not in the near future I’m going back to Acuity.

Cheers

Carla 

Userlevel 2

Here to echo all the comments about discount codes!! 

I have wayyy to many cloned secret events now and it’s hard to organize. A discount code feature would be greatly appreciated :)

Userlevel 1

Please add a discount code feature

Userlevel 1

Yes, the ability to offer discount code to bookings makes way more sense than “secret listings” or cloning. I have been very surprised this isn’t an option. Would love to be able to simply have a “promo code” or “discount code” box to offer folks.

Userlevel 1

I also really want/need to give discount codes instead of duplicating and changing the prices. It’s so easy everywhere but Calendly. Please create this feature!! 

Userlevel 1

It is our slow season, we would like to offer a buy one of equal value or less at half price.  Duplicating and changing prices is time consuming and also there is margin for error.      

Userlevel 1

We are also looking for a coupon code.  Our clients pay for a session in SamCart and then we give them a link to book their session.  By giving them a link and a coupon code we can be sure that they can only book a session based on the number of session a coupon is good for.  Right now, we are using Acuity which works well but we are looking to move to Calendly because of the cost savings.  But if we cannot get coupon code functionality that will be a deal breaker.  

Any update on this feature request?

Adding to this thread. I run online group events and want to be able to offer discounts or free passes to people. It’s too much admin having to send those people a seperate email with the zoom link for the paid event or worse, a zoom link for the paid event so everyone is on the same meeting but a booking link for a discounted rate. It’s too much admin and becomes confusing. Definitely exploring other options unless this will be a feature available in Calendly. Thank you!

Please do implement this feature soon to allow ease of use in offering discounts to our valued clients.

Userlevel 1

I second this...

This is BASIC functionality for online systems that take money.

We have just spent ages developing an onsite workaround that requires the user to enter “discount code” upfront, and then filters the event types.

It would have saved so much work to have the user enter the code at the point of paying rather than upfront. Besides being an usability issue (users expect to add codes at the end, not the beginning),  this has more than doubled the amount of event types we need to manage.

Wow, I can’t believe this thread has gotten so long and Calendly still isn’t offering this feature.  How is this not an option! I agree with everyone this feature should be a given, when almost any other platform would offer this as standard.  

I am going to add my frustration to the thousands of people who have searched for information on Calendly’s (non-existent) coupon function and come up with nada.

The ability to offer a coupon for services or products is a basic and necessary function. For Calendly to not provide this as part of their core offering, or after so much feedback from users, is simply not good enough. It would seem to indicate a deliberate attempt by Calendly to ignore their users needs.

I for one will be transferring my service to Acuity, who do offer such a function. Because, you know, having a coupon function is a necessary part of an appointment booking process.

Userlevel 7

Hey everyone. We understand your frustrations, and we hear you. We are passing your feedback along to our product team as we receive it. I do wish I could promise a timeline, here, or an implementation -- I’m sorry I can’t. Please know your voices are important and being elevated. 

Don’t hesitate to reach out with questions or concerns! 

Userlevel 1

Adding my .02 to the request for the discount code.  I simply want to have the ability for people I choose to give it to, to see the value of my time.

How amazing that I am literally looking for this option while this thread is red hot in the calendly community.  I hope the response is quick to solve this with a feature release update.  

~h

Adding my 5 cents too to request Calendly to prioritise being able to add a discount code. I have enjoyed using Calendly over the last few years however am starting to have to move away from it and use Kartra because having to create clone events is just not manageable. Being able to apply a discount code is a very basic feature and much needed! 

just came here to support everyone’s request to add promocodes to the payments. 

Adding my voice to the mix because I just discovered on my first ever event type booked that this work around doesn’t work for me.

I have a group event & decided to offer a “welcome” discount to new clients for their first booking, but this is a group event so not everyone will be a new client every time. If any of the new clients use the welcome cloned event for 50% off, then no one can book the original event at the same time for the full price. Being able to offer new clients a discount code is a MUCH easier solution, and as stated, the suggested work around doesn’t work unless the event is 1:1, clearly.

Hi, Im also here to express the need for a discount code option. It’s been almost a year since this issue was posed and literally nothing has been done to fix it… WOW.

This is truly a basic add on. I have a simple website platform and to add a discount code option is as easy as a few clicks. So I’m somewhat baffled that there isn’t an option despite Calendly being a simple, less than innovative, platform. It’s not like we are asking for you to come up with a complex user interface. Just a simple request that has gone unanswered for almaot A YEAR. 

@Kelsi at Calendly  I genuinely want to know what is has been taking up the focus of product/development team that they haven’t fixed this yet??  If we can’t get an update on this issue then what else has been preoccupying y’all? 

Yea, pretty disapointed because it affects my marketing strategy when selleng my services. A discount on bookings when someone signs up for my mailing list is a standard strategy. Look at most retail websites and they offer that. Of course, they are using Woocommerce or another platform. But for services, we want to do that too.

Pretty much agree with what everyone else is saying here. I only recently signed up to calendly and this making me consider other options as I just came on to find out how to add a discount coupon to one of my event types and find out it isn’t possible. As others have said this is basic functionality and an obvious need for any business. 

Agreed. Needed this feature yesterday!