Solved

How can I allow invitees to apply discount codes to the price of my event/s upon booking?

• 27 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6

I am offering package deals for my event types and would like to allow my invitees to book multiple dates for a discounted price. How can I do this? 

icon

Best answer by Kelsi at Calendly 27 August 2023, 20:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6

On our Standard plan and above, you can collect payments right on your booking page! We have integrations with both Stripe and PayPal. You can connect your Stripe or PayPal account to Calendly to collect payments when your invitees schedule with you. If you don't use these services, you could add a custom link to your confirmation page that leads to your preferred payment provider. You could also customize your invitee notification emails to include that link!

While there isn’t currently a way to book multiple events at once and pay for them a la carte, there is a work around I like to suggest to our users that write in about this! 

First, you’ll want to set up one event to cover the price of, let’s say, 6 classes for $210. You can then clone that event, remove the payment option, and set it to a secret event. This will hide the event from your main booking page, so users can’t book you for free! Then, you can include the link in the confirmation page of the 6 classes event, so when invitees book that one, they receive the link to book their other 5 with you without paying again. You can also use the redirect feature to send invitees to another event type after booking the first, or to send them to a website of your choice - such as an explanation of packages you provide. 

i really dont see how having to create clones for every event type warrants a soloution - when a discount code would be so much easier!

Calendly ~ Please create a way for us to offer discount codes without cloning / secret event. There are so many applications for this for various business owners. Appreciate the workaround but it does not work in many situations. Thank you! 

Userlevel 6

Calendly ~ Please create a way for us to offer discount codes without cloning / secret event. There are so many applications for this for various business owners. Appreciate the workaround but it does not work in many situations. Thank you! 

Thanks for your feedback, Elizabeth! I’d be interested in hearing more about your use case as well - if you want to share! 

I am going to share an article below that goes over the workarounds currently suggested for this, just in case they do help! That said, I am marking the feedback to be included in our monthly report. I can’t make promises about implementing new features/updates - but I can promise the feedback will be heard! Have a wonderful week. 

I’ve just seen that Calendly doesn’t offer ‘discount code’ functionality.  Crazy.

And yes I’ve seen the workarounds.  The beauty of a discount code is that people actually see that they are getting a special price.  Plus having multiple events for all different prices is just ridiculous.

Calendly, where is this on your priority list?  If its not in the near future I’m going back to Acuity.

Cheers

Carla