Skip to main content
Question

How can I set up Calendly's booking availability for both public and private access?

• 23 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I would like my planned  appointments to be accessible both internally and on a website accessible to the general public:

Events are bookable by the general public up to two hours prior to the event.
I want to stop staff bookings for walk-ins for the two hours leading up to the event, but I still want to allow public bookings.
Although public bookings are banned, I am aware that Calendly has a "minimum notice" setting. However, I would like to know if this setting permits personnel to book customers inside that two-hour window. Is Calendly able to do this, and if so, how do I set it up?

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 3

Hi Geografixx! 

I can confirm that this can be done but the meeting will have to be created by the host (you or someone one your Calendly plan). There are two ways to do this.

The simplest way to do this is as follows:

1. Use the big blue “Create” button on the top left from your home screen.
  2. Create a “One-off meeting.” This will navigate you to a booking page.
  3. Select meeting duration and use the calendar to select when you would like to create said meeting.
  4. Confirm and/or edit meeting details on the resulting page.
  5. Click the blue button, on the bottom right of the screen, that says “Share meeting link.” This will generate a URL or email which you can share with your invitee.

If, on the other hand, you want to use an event type that you have pre-built you will need to book via the Contacts area. If you have set up workflows for specific event types, this will be the method of booking you want to use. One more caveat, you will need to already have the contact information of the invitee and add them as a contact.

1. To start you will need to book a meeting via the Contacts area.
  2. Search for your intended contact and select the “Book a Meeting” button.
  3. You will then select the event type you want to book and that will navigate you to your normal booking page.
  4. In the upper right of that page you will notice a button that says “Show full calendar.” From here you will be able to book a time with your invitee outside of normal available hours.