Skip to main content

I had a customer schedule a 30 min meeting with me, he asked to have 6 more people added to the meeting. He gave me their emails. I just don’t know where to add them. I’d like to add the 6 additional guest myself. Let me know the best way to invite these additional guest to the scheduled meeting. Thanks!

Hi @Ashley04021!

In this case, I’d add them to the event itself on your calendar (Google Calendar, Outlook, etc.) just like you’d create/modify an event normally. The reason for this is that the Calendly event sounds like a 1:1 and therefore can’t accept any other invitees - but your calendar invite can!

The only important thing to keep in mind is that the other 6 people will not receive an automated communication such as reminders, follow up, etc. through Calendly so you’ll likely want to set a reminder to do that manually just for this event.

In the future, sounds like a group event would be the right fit for this type of situation. Or you could even consider using a meeting poll to find the right time across the whole group.

Hope this helps!

Ah! That makes sense, thanks so much!

I often have the same problem, and I find the existing solution frustrating.

Often external people schedule a meeting with me, then I need to invite someone from my organisation to join the meeting.

If I just forward the meeting to them, I don’t think I see their acceptance status. And then the meeting gets rescheduled after I forward them an invitation through outlook, what happens, will they get notified of the time change?

With so many useful features in Calendly, it is surprising that something as simple as the ability to add people to a meeting that I have been invited to after the inititial scheduling is missing.

Hi @Justin16618,

Thank you for pointing this out! I’ve gone ahead and looped this over to our product team for you, and hopefully we’ll be able to provide that feature in the future! :)

As for your question: 

And then the meeting gets rescheduled after I forward them an invitation through outlook, what happens, will they get notified of the time change?

That's a great question! For some background, when an event is rescheduled in Calendly, the original calendar event is cancelled and a new event is created with the invitees in Calendly. This means that any guests added directly to the Outlook event will be notified that the event was cancelled, but will not be added to the new meeting automatically. 

With this in mind, if you are the one performing the reschedule, you can add your additional guests while rescheduling using the “Add Guests” feature. 

VZ2bzeEFq58uOKe5X3GLoAAU12pLifncGLwpHHh61ObTjQ1uF0yoG42v_BE67gyRvVC2qVmdgneAgxsyrKffUSDyhpkrud53mbzpUvDa1yfD81hKCBo7comb3BFmO2nZZsOOWANjvBOYkVXkgFAHXes

Using this same logic, if you would like to add your additional guests in a way that will keep them applied regardless of who is rescheduling the meeting, rather than adding your additional guests directly to the Outlook calendar event you can “reschedule” the meeting for the same date/time and add your additional guests during the “reschedule” process. 

Note: Your invitee will be notified that the meeting was “rescheduled”, however, you can add a note clarifying that the meeting is not actually rescheduled and that you’re simply adding more attendees to the meeting. 

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please feel free to reach back out!

OK so then I can also pseudo-reschedule just to add more attendees. Clunky but I see what you mean. Thanks.

Look forward to seeing a more elegant solution in the future.

There are always last minute attendees that need to be added to a meeting, the ability to add them after a meeting is scheduled would be a great feature.

The group event could have been the solution for us, but you can only have 1 host for the group events. Every event type has a specific function that is missing for what we need to do.

Round Robin with the Group functionality for adding people would be the answer for our issues.

We are a group of trainers that need the ability to rotate trainers and allow people to join at the last minute. 

There are always last minute attendees that need to be added to a meeting, the ability to add them after a meeting is scheduled would be a great feature.

The group event could have been the solution for us, but you can only have 1 host for the group events. Every event type has a specific function that is missing for what we need to do.

Round Robin with the Group functionality for adding people would be the answer for our issues.

We are a group of trainers that need the ability to rotate trainers and allow people to join at the last minute. 

Thanks so much for your use case and feedback! I will make sure to include it in our monthly feedback roundup so that the product team see it for future consideration. =)