Question

How do I book an event every two weeks?

• 29 January 2024
  • 8 replies

I want to place an reccuring event in the agenda every two weeks. Is this possible?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Haar63072 - great question, and thanks for posting your topic! Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

While Calendly does not have a recurring event feature at this time, many users encourage invitees to book their next meeting after confirming an event. I apologize for the inconvenience with this. 

Standard, Teams, and Enterprise users can also take advantage of our invitee redirect feature! Rather than seeing the Calendly confirmation page after booking, invitees will be automatically forwarded to the website of your choosing. Check out this help center article to get you started.

The other workaround I have would be for once the invitee books the event within Calendly, either you or the invitee can edit the event on your calendar and set it up to repeat as needed. While this won't create an event within Calendly, Calendly will be able to check it for conflicts, so you will not be booked at that time.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any additional questions about this!

Dear,

the goal of my agenda is to let (different) people book a spot in my agenda every two weeks (not weekly). I never have repeat appointments, so that is not cnvenient for me.

I can hardly believe in Calendry you can only book at a weekly basis. It should be easy to adjust the settings to every two weeks, no?

So maybe I have missed this somewhere in the settings?

Kind regards,

Barry

Userlevel 7

Hey there again @Haar63072 - sorry for misunderstanding your original ask!

All you need to do in order to make this happen is set your Availability Schedule for your event type so that you only have an available date/time slot every two weeks. You can do this by deleting your weekly availability on the left side (displayed below) and instead using “date specific hours” to set specific biweekly dates/times. I hope this helps!

Is it in process to set it up automatically? I want to set every other week as well, but don’t want to go in and pick specific days every two months

Userlevel 7

Is it in process to set it up automatically? I want to set every other week as well, but don’t want to go in and pick specific days every two months

Hey there - great question! The good news is you can set up as many date specific hours for as far out into the future at one time as you’d like. In the tutorial that I created above walking through how to set date specific hours, I kept it short for time’s sake, but you can simply scroll from month to month and select all of the desired dates you’d like. You can also do it all at once, but in groups - selecting a bunch of dates, setting the hours for those dates and saving, then doing it again - in case you have clusters of dates with different availability.

Hope this helps! 

Thanks, Kelsi. Is there a way to add this alternating week feature (or other repeating dates similar to google calendar) to a feature request?

Userlevel 7

Thanks, Kelsi. Is there a way to add this alternating week feature (or other repeating dates similar to google calendar) to a feature request?

Hey there, again, Kate! This is a common feature request right now and I will certainly make sure to add your voice into the mix of those inquiring about it. We submit a monthly user feedback report to our product team - this will be part of February’s! I hope that you have a great night. =) 

I was just searching for this feature myself. I must say, it’s definitely surprising that an industry-leading product like Calendly doesn’t have it. I do see that this wouldn’t be a simple fix or addition on the development side… they likely need to rethink how availability is scheduled, and setup a robust repeat option like Google Calendar has.