Skip to main content

How Do I create a 1 off meeting for an event type that is already created? please see below!

• 28 August 2024
  • 1 reply

Hey there all! 

I have an issue I can seem to figure out. 

My calendar is often super booked up several days out and i may have a small window available in my actual DAY- but my calendar reflects it being BOOKED UP.

If i want to schedule a meeting utilizing one of the event types already generated, how do I create an invite to a person without having to figure out which ‘event’ on my actual google calendar is blocking the hours to register availibility on calendly? 

I want to be able to send an invite to someone whether I have open space on my calendly/calendar or not. How do i do that? 

Hi AlecMerchant,

Calendly does not have a feature to ignore all scheduled meetings on your calendar. That said, there is a feature called Book Over Meeting which allows you to select low priority calendar holds and allows an event type to book over those meetings. For your specific use case I would recommend creating an event type reserved specifically for when you want to meet with someone but your calendar is full. Then use the Book Over Meeting feature to identify multiple common low priority calendar holds. This will allow your invitee to find time on your calendar. I’m leaving a link to a page about the Book Over Meeting feature below.

Book over meetings