Skip to main content
Question

How do I create placeholders in my calendar for my event types?

• 23 October 2023
  • 2 replies

How do I create placeholders in my calendar for my event types? It seems to offer this important features only for scheduled events but I need to see it too for my event types so that I don’t risk to book something else on top of it. I want it as a type event so that I can connect it to the workflow I prepared.

Thank you,

F.

Hello!

The only way to create a placeholder on your external calendar for events not yet scheduled would be to manually create blocks of time and ensure they are marked “free” so that they aren’t read as conflicts by Calendly. Then, when you get a Calendly booking, a “busy” event will be created on top of your “free” event in your external calendar. 

Workflows will only connect to bookings made in Calendly, so no worried about them firing off for “free” time blocks you create in your external calendar! 

If this isn’t a viable workaround, just remember that Calendly will only allow people to book time within the availability that you set up for yourself! I hope this helps!

Thank you It will help for now but I would love for Calendly to develop this feature 😉 It would save me a lot of headache!