Skip to main content

Hi Everyone,

I’m quite new to Calendly and excited to be setting it up to help facilitate scheduling events with the consultants in my department and our customers.  We have a variety of events, however, and I’m finding that the events are showing up in our calendars (we’re using Outlook, by the way, and are integrating with Calendly) as simply “Customer Name and Consultant Name”.  We have to go into the body of the meeting to see the event name.  

Is there a way to customize this to show the Event Name in the Meeting Subject Line?  Even better, I would love to customize this like I can the emails in the Workflows.

Thanks so much in advance for any help,

Ethan

I’ve actually answered my own question!  Somehow I managed to completely miss the section “Calendar Invitation” under Notifications and Cancellation Policy.  Here, in fact, you can customize the meeting subject line just like you can emails in Workflows.  

Hey there, @EthanB!

I came to provide a video tutorial on changing the subject line of both calendar invitations and email confirmations, only to find you’d already figured it out! Way to go! I love seeing our Calendly users find their way around the product! Just in case you benefit from this: 

For some context, with Calendly, there are two types of notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

Note: Calendar invitations are not compatible with iCloud Calendar or the Outlook Plugin (for Windows users). Users with either of these calendar connections set up as their "add-to calendar" on their Calendar Connection page will be defaulted to Email Confirmations. 

Cheers to easy scheduling - and exploring! Welcome! 🤓