Skip to main content
Question

How do I manage the availability of my team?

• 22 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi all, 

We are looking for a functionality in Calendly to monitor the availability of a group on a specific date of a scheduled event. Concretely, We have 10 days with 40 timeslots and 10 users, and we want to continuously monitor (1) which slots are booked, (2) which slots are available with granular view on user/event type / group

Does anyone know if this functionality exists in calendly and if not what are alternatives to export each users calendar incl. per day the timeslots available and timeslots booked?

Thanks Jiri

Hi Jiri,

Hmm. I can’t think of any really wonderful way to do this right in Calendly as availability and scheduled events are shown on two different pages.

Outside of Calendly, the first thing that comes to mind is leveraging shared calendars in your native calendar tool (Google Calendar perhaps?) for the most visibility. You could mark off the overall slots available as free time to not conflict with scheduled events or availability and then show the booked slots as events.

Thoughts? I’ll keep thinking on it and see if I can come up with something better!

Thanks - indeed we came to a similar conclusion. It is basically a choice how we want to optimize (based on supply (availability) or demand (# of appointments). We have decided for now to steer on # of appointments and manage more reactively the availability. 

Though it would be good to create a functionality to export availability of a group/individual person/scheduled event. 

Jiri

Hey @Jiri11566 - this sounds like it’ll work for you!

I want to share some resources on running a team within Calendly, managing team availability and so on - I hope you find them helpful!

Check out our Company Admin Guide, first!

Then: 

Multi-person scheduling options for teams

How to Distribute Events Round Robin to Team Members

How to Set Up a Collective Shared Event

Setting Up and Managing Shared Events

Automate Tasks with Workflows

and just search “teams” or “team scheduling” in Help Center for more!