Skip to main content
Question

How do I reduce the amount of time it takes to "redirect" people after confirmation?

• 9 April 2024
  • 1 reply

We have the Calendly embedded on our page, and have configured it to redirect to a thank you page after they’ve booked. This works fine, but it takes a LONG time to redirect. It says “Confirmed, redirecting...” for 4 seconds before it actually goes. I’m concerned this will affect our eventing - we have attribution events on the /thank-you page, but I’m worried people will drop off before the redirect.

Is there no way to speed this up?

Hey there @runswiftapp - great question - thanks for your topic!

At this time there is not going to be any way to manually or intentionally speed up the redirect process, as the amount of time it does take will vary from person to person (experience wise) depending on their device, the operating system on that device and how up-to-date it is (or isn’t), the network (including mobile) they are on/WiFi signal they are using, the browser and version of that browser they are running and so on. In other words - there are quite a few variables at play that determine the amount of time it takes to redirect from the booking page to another website. 

I know this isn't exactly what you wanted to hear but do hope the information helps, at least somewhat!

Let us know if you have any further questions.

p.s. check out our New User Guide and Company Admin Guide for tons of tips + tricks to help you as you get started!