Skip to main content
Solved

How do I see event scheduled with me on other people's Calendly?

• 5 February 2024
  • 6 replies

When people book with me using my Calendly link, I can see those events on my Calendly “Scheduled events” page. But if I use another Calendly users link to book an event with them, I don’t see it on my scheduled events. That’s bad because I may miss events. Is there somewhere I can see all of my events?

Hi @DrGary!

That’s a great question. The short answer is that you’d want to use your native calendar application (Google Calendar, Outlook, etc.) to see all your events. While Calendly is great for a lot of events, we recognize that we probably don’t hit everything going on in your life like birthdays, vacation days, etc.

But I am going to share this as an idea with our Product team. It would definitely make a lot of sense for Calendly users to see all Calendly events - not just the ones they’re hosts on!

I have the same issue / question.  This seems like a big miss/opportunity for Calendly.  In its current state “scheduled events” only includes calendly events scheduled with me, but not calendly events Ive scheduled with others?   

I have the same issue / question.  This seems like a big miss/opportunity for Calendly.  In its current state “scheduled events” only includes calendly events scheduled with me, but not calendly events Ive scheduled with others?   

Hey there Craig - you are exactly right! I'm sorry for the confusion - you aren't alone in this! Calendly is a scheduling platform that essentially sits on top of your connected personal calendar. It checks for events marked “Busy” and interprets them as conflicts, preventing invitees from scheduling new events at those times.

When an invitee schedules with you, the event is automatically published to your personal calendar and appears on your Calendly Home page under Scheduled Events. Both you and your invitee receive confirmation by email as well, helping to streamline scheduling for appointments, meetings, and more!

Calendly accounts don't "talk" to each other in the way that you are describing. When you are logged into your Calendly account, that allows you to make changes to/control your own events, edit your own settings and view your own invitee data and scheduled events. When you visit the booking page of a colleague (or anybody else), you are seen as any other individual invitee. Invitees do not have to have Calendly accounts in order to schedule meetings with hosts via Calendly! For this reason, you will always be asked for your own identifying information when booking a meeting with anyone else via their Calendly booking page.

When someone books via your own Calendly link, that meeting will show up under your scheduled events tab and on the calendar you sync on your Calendar Connection pageWhen you book via someone else's Calendly link, that meeting will be sent to their account and show up on your connected calendar or via a confirmation email, depending on their own event type settings.

We understand that it would be very convenient (and make a lot of sense!) for bookings you make via someone else’s Calendly to show up under your own “scheduled events” tab in your account. Like Jillian mentioned above, we will make sure to include this in our feedback report for the product team to consider! I hope that you have a great day! 

@Kelsi at Calendly 

If I understand correctly . . .

As long as I put events on my gmail calendar page that my Calendly is linked to, Calendly will recognize those events and then make those timeslots unavailable for people to schedule on my Calendly.

Is that correct?

Thanks

Steve.

@SteveShapiro - Yep! That’s the way it works. The only thing I’ll add/clarify is that events have to be marked as ‘busy’ (‘free’ is literally seen as free time) and if you’ve got a variety of sub-calendars you’ll want to make sure those are being looked at too.

Also as mentioned earlier in this thread, anything on your calendar will be blocked off so you can’t be double booked but events that were created outside of Calendly won’t show on the Calendly Scheduled Events page.

Hope this helps!

@jillian having done a few tests, it appears to behave as discussed.

I have a personal gmail calendar and a separate business gmail calendar that is linked to Calendly.

Adding events to the business calendar (marked as busy) don’t show up as Calendly events, but, those timeslots are no longer available in Calendly.

Thanks to all for your assistance!

Steve.