Skip to main content

On each of my event types I can manually type in a cancellation policy, but is this actually enforced by Calendly? Or is it just a courtesy notice that if someone cancels within x amount of time, I will not refund them on Stripe? I assume all handling of refunds (or lack of) must be done manually by me? 

Hey @caitlinette - great question! 

Firstly, check out our New User Guide - it’ll def prove helpful as you get used to the platform!

You are correct in that all refunds (or lack there of) must be manually handled by yourself. Calendly does not actually process the transactions made with Stripe/PayPal, but rather provides the integration so that you can collect payments using those third parties. Any time you need to do something additional with those applications, you’ll need to go into the apps themselves to handle those things. 

When it comes to the cancellation policy that you implement, the same goes - you can write whatever it is that you need to in that field and you are responsible for enforcing it. I hope this helps!