Skip to main content

Hi there, how can I capture credit card detaiis only  when customers book without taking the payment upfront? I want to be able to charge only after they have completed their sesion with me, but want to have their credit card details on hand only in case they do not show up. 

Hi @Larisa80303,

I believe this is called an ‘authorization charge’ or a ‘hold charge’ and it’s not something our payment integrations with Stripe or Paypal can do. I’ll definitely add it to our product feedback though as I know we’re always looking for ways to improve our payment integrations.

I think what some business owners do in this scenario is to invoice through another tool that does allow the authorization/hold charge. You can use the Calendly Workflows to facilitate sending out this invoice. The other option is to charge a small booking fee so that way you now have the credit card info on file in Stripe or PayPal. Just be careful though - any unauthorized charge could be disputed by a customer!

Hi Jillian, 

Thank you for your response. I am truly hoping that Calendly will integrate this feature. My website is currently setup to receive bookings from clients via a button that links to my Calendly booking system . When they click on a button they are committing to my services. Charging them upfront is not ideal, but capturing their credit card details is. I would personally not feel comfortable paying for a service I have not had yet. By not having the flexibility to capture  (credit card)  details upfront means that anyone could book an appointment (sales person for example) or someone who is just playing (AI generated bookings?) around could book as many appointmens and not turn up at all.

Thank you for your time in answering my request Jillian, it si greatly appreciated.

With Love and Gratitude,

Larisa

Hi Alex, thank you so much for your advice. That is what I would like to do, but do not know how to do it through Calendly. I have Paypal integration, and the current setup does not allow me to do that. All I can do at the moment it seems is to charge upfront? 

And thank you, we are entering evening in AUS 😊

Hi @Larisa80303,

Sorry for the redundant answer from that Alex user. In your reply you mentioned about having “AI generated bookings” and well… we’ve got AI generated spammers. UGH!

I’ll make sure this feedback makes it back to the Product team that handles the payment integration. It’s a totally logical thing to add, so I’ll see what we can do.

Thank you so much Jillian 💓

With Love and Gratitude  

Larisa