Skip to main content
Question

How to change title of Group Event?

• 5 April 2024
  • 2 replies

I know you can change the title of a one-to-one event by going to the settings of the event → communications → calendar confirmation. 

But this is not available for group events since the group events do not support calendar invitations for communications. How can I edit the title of the event on my calendar? I want it to be one of the answers to the questions when they book the event.

Facing same problem would love to hear any solution 

I know you can change the title of a one-to-one event by going to the settings of the event → communications → calendar confirmation. 

But this is not available for group events since the group events do not support calendar invitations for communications. How can I edit the title of the event on my calendar? I want it to be one of the answers to the questions when they book the event.

Facing same problem would love to hear any solution 

Hey y’all! This is a great question. Thanks for posting, Myrrh, and the for +1, Gadget

At this time there is no way to edit the title of a calendar event when using Email Confirmations. I know this is not what you both want to hear, and I am sorry! I will make sure to mark this as a feature request so we include it in our monthly report to the product team - your feedback is so valuable and will be heard. 

When you edit the title of an Email Confirmation, this results in a change of what the invitee will see in the subject line of that email confirmation when they receive it.

For some context, with Calendly, there are two types of invitee booking notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

Note: Calendar invitations are not compatible with iCloud Calendar or the Outlook Plugin (for Windows users). Users with either of these calendar connections set up as their "add-to calendar" on their Calendar Connection page will be defaulted to Email Confirmations. Calendar invitations are also not compatible with Group Event Types

Again - I am sorry for the inconvenience! I hope that you have a good day. Let us know if you have any other questions - we are happy to answer them!