Skip to main content

Can you please lay out VERY SPECIFIC steps on how to connect calendly to my Samsung Phone Calendar? I am NOT techie and this is causing me stress as I only use the calendar settings on my Samsung (newest model) to insert personal appointments etc. I want to connect so I don’t end up with bookings when I’m not available. Thanks

Hey there @Dawn52326 -- thanks for posting. I’m sorry that you are so stressed out. We don’t want that at all! I do want to let you know that I moved your comment to create a new topic from it. This way, others that search “Samsung Calendar” and similar terms can benefit from it as well. I hope you understand! 

With that said, I did a little bit of research for you, and this will depend on what calendar you are actually using as your “Samsung phone calendar”. I was able to find that Samsung phones come with Google Calendar already installed, and this seems to be the most popular default calendar that Samsung users utilize. Are you using Google Calendar on your Samsung phone? If so, that is easy! If not, please tell me what calendar you are using so I can help. If there is an actual calendar specific to Samsung Phones that is only on Samsung Phones, you will not be able to connect it to Calendly. 

Now, the fact that you only access this calendar on your phone does not actually matter! The steps to connect Google Calendar with Calendly are the same for all Google Calendar users, regardless of what device they are using Google Calendar on. 

Here is the specific step-by-step for connecting your Google Calendar (which I suggest doing via web browser on a computer, if possible, to make it easier - but you can do this via web browser on your phone as well): 

Step 1: Visit your Calendar Sync page

1. From your Calendly account, select the Account menu in the top right-hand corner, then select Calendar Sync from the dropdown menu. 
    Locating Calendly Calendar Sync Page.gif

Step 2: Select the calendar you'd like to connect

• If you haven't connected a calendar yet:
      1. Next to Google Calendar, select Connect.

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 11.25.04 AM.png
    • If you've already connected a calendar:
      • You can add additional calendar accounts by selecting +Add Calendar Account.

Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 11.30.29 AM.png

You'll be prompted to sign in to your Google account. Once authenticated, you'll be redirected back to the Calendar Connections page.

Step 3: Edit your calendar(s)

1. If there are multiple calendars on your Google account, choose which you would like Calendly to check for conflicts by selecting Edit in the Check for conflicts section.

CleanShot_2023-05-19_at_15.15.43_2x.png
    • You will be considered unavailable during any "busy" events added to these calendars, and the corresponding times will be removed from your scheduling page.

CleanShot_2023-05-18_at_14.43.25_2x.png
  2. In the Add to calendar section, select the calendar you would like your events added to. This is also where you can decide to Sync Cancellations. When enabled, any Calendly event you decline or delete from this calendar will be canceled within Calendly. If an invitee makes the same changes on their calendar, the status of the event will remain unaffected. 

CleanShot_2023-05-18_at_14.47.44_2x.png

There you go -- I hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any other questions, and I’ll be happy to answer them. Check out our New User Guide, too. It’s full of tips and tricks to help you learn the ropes!