Skip to main content

I’m fine with the name coming to my email but I share the calendar with other organizations. I can’t believe it’s so hard to find a way to get a little bit of privacy. I have been looking for weeks. Appreciate any help.

Hey there, @Teacher01188 - sorry to hear about this frustration. If you use email confirmations, the invitee’s name will always be included in your calendar event’s title.

However, if you switch to calendar invitations and edit the title of those that will be how it appears on both your own and your invitee’s calendar. You can see examples of how I did this when responding to another community topic, here! 

In my responses to this topic I go over a step-by-step for updating the title of your calendar invitations so they appear as desired on your connected calendar. This should help, and is a great place to start!

However, I do want to reiterate that if you use email confirmations, you cannot update the title of the calendar events and they will appear as default (Your Name + Invitee Name) on your connected calendar. 

For some context, with Calendly, there are two types of notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

I hope this helps!

lendly, there are two types of notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

1. With Email ConfirmationsCalendly sends the invitee an email notification from notifications@calendly.com and has a reply-to address that's associated with your Calendly login email. You can modify this on Account Settings page.
  2. With Calendar Invitations, your connected calendar sends the invitee a notification of the booked meeting which has a reply-to address that's associated with your Add to calendar email on your Calendar Connection page.

Are both available to free users?

Your posts are quite long, I’m trying to understand it all. It seems like there is no way to get privacy of attendees names on a free calendly plan, is that correct?

lendly, there are two types of notifications: Email Confirmations & Calendar invitations.

Are both available to free users?

Both are options for free users, yes - however you are right in that you cannot customize them (make changes using variables) unless you upgrade to at least our Standard plan. You can read more about our plans, pricing and features on our Pricing Page! Note: an annual subscription will result in a 20% discount for all paid plans! I hope this helps!