Skip to main content
Question

How to I charge for an event, with coupon options?

• 10 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I am setting up an event that I will be charging for, but I would like to be able to set up the ability for a coupon code to be used (which will reduce the price for those with the code)

Is there a way to make that happen in the platform? 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hey there @Jon11364 -- thanks for your post!

At this time, we do not have a setting that allow invitees to enter discount codes via our integrations with Stripe and PayPal. That said, I will make sure to add your feature request to our monthly report for the product team -- it’s a popular one! While I can't promise if or when this feature will be available, thank you for bringing it up and helping make our product better!

In the meantime, you can clone your event type and require different payment amounts for each. Just visit your event types page and select "Clone" from the gear menu of the event you'd like to copy:

For example, you can require $50 for the event type that is public, and only $40 for a secret event. Share the secret event link directly with any invitee who should receive the discounted price, as this event will not appear on your scheduling page for others to choose from.

Additionally, here’s an article that goes over other workarounds that might help!

You can find more info about workarounds in the Common Questions section of our Stripe or PayPal Help Center pages, too! 

I hope that you have a good day.