Skip to main content
Question

How to make "Weekday" setting apply for remote teams across the world?

• 11 November 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi,

We have team members across the world so when we adjust our calendly time slot window we have to do it manually to adjust on the weekend since no one works Sat or Sun.

Is there a way to use the “Weekday” setting while still allowing people in Asia and US to both have their calendars show?

Here is a visual of the problem I am encountering - 

Hey there! Great question, here. What I would suggest is, instead of using the “weekdays” or “calendar days into the future” option, setting up a date range. If you use a date range paired with making sure each team member has their availability schedule set up properly then everyone will be able to be booked on the days they are available. I am also going to loop in my colleague @SchedulingSteve to take a look at the issue you presented to see if there’s a way around it, and whether it’s expected behavior, but for now this might be a good work around! 

Hey there! Great question, here. What I would suggest is, instead of using the “weekdays” or “calendar days into the future” option, setting up a date range. If you use a date range paired with making sure each team member has their availability schedule set up properly then everyone will be able to be booked on the days they are available. I am also going to loop in my colleague @SchedulingSteve to take a look at the issue you presented to see if there’s a way around it, and whether it’s expected behavior, but for now this might be a good work around! 

Thanks Kelsi.

The issue with “date range” is still we have to adjust it each day since we don’t want too many days open (else people will reschedule/no show) so it is both manual and leaves room for error compared to “weekdays” if we can get that to work in a way that doesn’t count weekends but does count weekdays so for example if I put 3 days on Friday it will count Monday to Wednesday, but if Sunday and Saturday are available, it would allow booking of those slots.

Hey again, @Davis37523 - understood. I appreciate the feedback. At this time, I do not have a perfect answer for you, but rest assured I am looking into the behavior. I will loop back around soon! 

@Davis37523 I have consulted with a colleague on this matter and here’s what I have for you!

1. With different time zones there might not be a perfect answer, here, but
  2. If you have each host add a “busy” time block on their connected “check for conflicts” calendar each weekend, then use the “calendar days” feature, it should work out so that no daily adjustments need to be made

For example: if you make sure each host blocks off their own weekends so that they are not available and then set it to “5 calendar days into the future” it should help you work around this issue. 

@KelsiEllie  - I see what you mean there. The issue that comes from this is that

• On Sunday it will show Monday to Friday available
  • But on Friday for example it will only show Monday-Wednesday (since Saturday and Sunday are the two days out)

@Davis37523 gotcha! Is there any reason you cannot put “7 calendar days into the future” instead of five if you have all hosts block off their weekend availability (either on their connected calendars or in Calendly)? Since it includes weekends it would still never actually show more than 5 days if everyone is blocking off those two days (Sat/Sun). On Mondays it would show M-F, on Tuesdays it would show Tues-Fri and Mon, on Wednesdays it would show Weds-Fri and Mon/Tues and so on. Do you want to test this behavior with your team and report back? =) 

Thanks @KelsiEllie - we could test that and see if the no show rate increases.

Thanks @KelsiEllie - we could test that and see if the no show rate increases.

Let me know how it goes! I didn’t realize that no-shows were a problem. For the initial issue that you presented, I do believe that this will work! I will be interested to see how things pan out after a few days!