Skip to main content
Question

How to set a location automatically, depending on date, to a recurring event

• 24 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have 3 physical offices in 2 different cities, the 2 in the same city being very close one to the other.

Depending on the date and time people schedule an appointment, I will be receiving them in one or the other location. The dates and times in each office is fixed once and for all.

So I want people to select first the city in which they want to consult me, and so I have set 2 recurring events :

• event city A → in this event I have set the availability to the days I work in this city
  • event city B → what I’d like there is that depending on the date and time the person selects, it tells them afterwards which office it will be happening to.

it is not as if they have the choice of selecting a location, once they’ve chosen a date and time, and it feels unnatural to create a third event for the 2d office which is really nearby, and then they would have to navigate between 2 events, and so 2 calendars to look for my availability

I hope I’m clear in my explanation !

Could you tell me if this is possible with calendly ? If so, how ?

Thanks very much

Sophie

Hey Sophie! This is a great explanation of your use case, which I appreciate!

Unfortunately, when creating event types in Calendly, the “rules” apply in an “all or nothing” sort of manner. These settings are locked in place once a booking is made and cannot be changed without cancelling/rescheduling the booking. There is no way, currently, to allow someone to book a single event with a dynamic location based on availability settings.

There is no pretty workaround for this use case that does not involve creating two event types, one for each location, or creating a one-on-one event type that allows them to choose between two locations (which might only make things worse for you). I do think creating two events, one for each location with custom available hours, is best for you - while I truly wish that was not the case! This feedback is important to us and we promise it won’t be forgotten here. 

Hi Kelsie,

thank you for your answer, even though it means no technical way to do what I’d like in the end !

Cheers

Sophie